APD Deal: Lost Harpsichords Bundle by Realsamples - 80% Off

cclarry

28 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Bach went deaf in the end. 

Seemed to be a problem with musicians at that time 😉, I think Beethoven was deaf beginning from age 20. By the way which Bach was it? They had a whole clan making music!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought this https://audioplugin.deals/product/rare-pianos-bundle-by-realsamples/ some time ago and it might be the worst library I've ever purchased. It's like 50 GB for 2 pianos and they literally sound like 50 MB. I can't even remotely begin to understand how you can possibly be so ridiculously bad at sampling and I guess programming, but I am definitely not ever buying anything from this horrendously incompetent dev anymore.

Edited by jngnz
  • Like 2

Those so-called ‘rare pianos’ are indeed rare and old: a 1860 Swiss Grand and a 1922 Luthéal Piano. Definitely for aficionados of peculiar keys. Call me one. I love them.

Another great dev for these old pianos is Modartt. 
Pianoteq has several bundles of them, like the Karsten set, but you also get a few old grands for free with regular Pianoteq, even the cheapest Stage version. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, fret_man said:

Listening to Simeon's demo, it sounds like some of the notes are out of tune. Does anyone else hear this? Not sure I can use this.

Almost like an old saloon piano.

Checked this out again. Simeon did it. Again. 

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I wonder why there's a need for such instruments unless you are doing mockups.

Well, if you’re a Bach aficionado like me, you’d want to experience his music the way he did.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Well, if you’re a Bach aficionado like me, you’d want to experience his music the way he did.

But Bach wasn't the one that went deaf. Which would be the only good explanation for releasing libraries this bad.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I can do that with my Casio piano and it has a sustain pedal.   Not sure what an aficianado is but that seems where the DAW market is.   

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I can do that with my Casio piano and it has a sustain pedal.   Not sure what an aficianado is but that seems where the DAW market is.   

Afucianido!