Ableton Live 12 - Ready to be purchased

Niky Serrano

3 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

now if one could only find a cheap A11 licenses.

Live licenses are never cheap.   I think the most they ever discounted is 30%.

One think about Live is when 12 is released they still work on fixing things in 11. 

I have 12 beta but never got around messing with it.

• Great Idea 1

Trying to decide if  I'm upgrading right away. What I have now seems to work fine for what I need. 

I must be getting old. Gone are the days when I upraded because I felt like it was the thing to do.

Most of the updates lately on my other software mainly dealt with the new macs. Not something I care much about.

Ableton is my main DAW right now, sooooo maybe?

2 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

I am flipping between switching to DP or Ableton.I am done with Cubase. I have no intention of upgrading anymore.

If low latency performance is important to you, DP is the worst low-latency performer of all the major DAW applications.

• Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

I am flipping between switching to DP or Ableton.I am done with Cubase. I have no intention of upgrading anymore.

I find this is apple and oranges.   Live is a laptop first DAW.  But when you open Live it opens up the work area and also when you close it.

A fanboy upgrades regardless of is it worth it.

The worst thing about live is their browser after Live 8.  Open up Live and you will see this circle spinning to check all of the folders you added.  Most DAWs don't do that.   What few people realize is if you add more folders your Live data base file gets larger - much larger.  One time mine was over 3gb and Live itself takes up that space.   I no longer use their self updating either.  I've had to clear those files hidden in the system.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Niky Serrano Having watched that video Im a tad unsure if its worth the upgrade TBH ( €87 ) .. It just looks like an update within the Live 11 version. He makes some good points in the final - should you upgrade

Well, it's the eternal doubt...

In my case, my macOS is an Intel with 10.15, and I can not execute Ableton 12 there.

I was thinking if yes or no, so finally I have hacked my Mac with a newer macOS version, to be able to execute there this new versión os Ableton

In my case, I think that the improvements worth and Ableton will cover other improvements in the future, but is an opinion

• Thanks 1