Orange Tree Samples Evolution Boutique Acoustic at Intro Price

ralfrobert

8 hours ago, Soundwise said:

With seasoned players performing their fretboard wizardry OTS is going in the right direction. This and the Texas Twang are on my wish list.

I love Evolution Texas Twang and use it a lot. I think because of its name, it can easily, and wrongly, be pigeon holed. It's a Telecaster. It's great for rock, blues, R&B...  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I love Evolution Texas Twang and use it a lot. I think because of its name, it can easily, and wrongly, be pigeon holed. It's a Telecaster. It's great for rock, blues, R&B...  

Thanks for the tip! I'm pretty confident, most guitars are good for multiple genres. Like here:

33 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Thanks for the tip! I'm pretty confident, most guitars are good for multiple genres. Like here:

I wrote that because I so often see posts when people bring up "Texas Twang" that they don't do that style,  so they pass on it without realizing it's a Telecaster; it's pretty versatile. To give you an example,  someone in a subteddit I joined: "Love the OTS samples. This one sounds fantastic. It's probably a good thing I don't really do this genre or it'd be a must-buy." And I think he largely passed on it primarily because of the name making him think it's not right for other styles. 

A lot of people hear the "Texas Twang" name and think that's really the only thing the guitar does, but it's a Telecaster. They've been used on everything from blues to R&B to jazz to Motown to country  to all different kinds of rock, including punk. 

39 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

but it's a Telecaster

Not anymore. It's a bunch of samples with clever scripting. I'm considering either this or Telos by Impact Soundworks. Both are quite exquisite and should get the job done.

• Like 1