Cakewalk - Sonar - Convention thought

AB7

I had this idea today.  Maybe it is good or so-so.

What if Cakewalk had an in person (and livestreamed) convention somewhere.  We could meet in person for a couple of days with training sessions on aspects of Sonar.  And it would be livestreamed. There would be some sort of charge of course.  It would be a way for people to get together as well as learn the various ways that people use the software.

Maybe call it CAMM - (Cakewalk and Music Makers :) :) )

Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

No one, and I mean no one wants to see me in person. End of. 😉 

*Would post several pics of Bapu with others if I didn't have to get back to work! 😜 *

This may be a good idea, but the implementation is problematic with so many users in different countries.  Maybe once teleportation portals become more common? 😏

Edited by craigb

Sounds like it would have to be mostly online.  I suggested in person and livestreamed - presumably with the livestream captured for those that could not make it in the particular time frame.

Anyway, just a thought!

Cheers!

I remember when Cakewalk would go around the country and give tutorials and show off their new products in music stores.  This is how I first became familiar with Z3TA and Project 5. They came to the Sam Ash music store just outside of Philadelphia, PA and did their presentation, we had a good time meeting folks in the area that used Sonar and we swapped phone numbers and ideas.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jesse g said:

I remember when Cakewalk would go around the country and give tutorials and show off their new products in music stores.  This is how I first became familiar with Z3TA and Project 5. They came to the Sam Ash music store just outside of Philadelphia, PA and did their presentation, we had a good time meeting folks in the area that used Sonar and we swapped phone numbers and ideas.

Great!  This is along the lines of my post above.  But now these events can be livestreamed as well as in person.

And with the new Sonar coming out, a Sonar Tour would be really cool, help promote the product, and help create a critical mass of users, so that it is sustaintable for Cakewalk and for use.

Perhaps Cakewalk can make a deal with Guitar Center, to use their stores at various locations,  And Guitar Center could have a promotion for it.

Edited by Alan Bachman

On 2/7/2024 at 9:34 PM, Bapu said:

No one, and I mean no one wants to see me in person. End of. 😉 

I agree... a face like a camel sucking a chocolate biscuit!
When it comes to the ugly tree... he fell out and hit every branch on the way down.
When he was born they slap his mother instead and fed him with a shot gun!!

:-)

• Haha 1

Yeh, they used to do that. I attended a session at Guitar Center in Seattle, c. 2005/2006. It was pretty good. GC supplied the venue and sold a bunch of stuff as a result.

I distinctly remember seeing one of the attendees afterward holding a pair of brand-new Yamaha monitors under his arms, being picked up by his wife at the curb, grinning from ear to ear. I remember wondering if his wife was going to be as enthusiastic as he was, and thinking "good for you, stranger - I hope you put your foot down and let her know that your happiness counts for something, too".

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Well, I quoted Dave, then added an image and... it's been hidden for 23 hours "pending approval!"  Now, I don't even see the hidden version, so I assume that it was simply deleted?  No idea what triggered the censor bot either!  I'll try posting the image by itself next and see if it's my image link (or maybe I'm not allowed to quote a moderator?  LOL! 😆).

Had to change the name of the image!  What the heck??? 😮

23 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Yeh, they used to do that. I attended a session at Guitar Center in Seattle, c. 2005/2006. It was pretty good. GC supplied the venue and sold a bunch of stuff as a result.

I distinctly remember seeing one of the attendees afterward holding a pair of brand-new Yamaha monitors under his arms, being picked up by his wife at the curb, grinning from ear to ear. I remember wondering if his wife was going to be as enthusiastic as he was, and thinking "good for you, stranger - I hope you put your foot down and let her know that your happiness counts for something, too".

Music-NoMoreMonitors.jpg

Edited by craigb
  • Haha 2

We want Sonar to be inexpensive.  

The in person store stuff wouldn't be well attended, it wasn't a packed house back in the day and far less likely to get people to show up unless they are also giving away the software.

Virtual is the only way to do it these days at a minimal cost.  That said, now that YouTube is a thing, I'm not sure I get the point of some sort of paid attendance as these things never end up being all that interactive.  And questions could be handled via live stream if that is the goal.