Posthumous fame

bjornpdx

What good does it do you to be famous when you're dead? 

I guess that's why Elvis Presley faked his death, gained a lot of weight, went bald, got unrecognizable, and enjoyed his money. 

BTW, did you ever see the cult film Bubba Ho-Tep? It's an absurd and stupid little comedy, but it's pretty funny. 

From Wiki:

Bubba Ho-Tep is a 2002 American comedy horror film written, co-produced and directed by Don Coscarelli. It stars Bruce Campbell as Sebastian Haff, a man residing in a nursing home who claims to be the real Elvis Presley. The film also stars Ossie Davis as Jack, a black man who claims to be John F. Kennedy, explaining that he was patched up after the assassination, dyed black, and abandoned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I guess that's why Elvis Presley faked his death, gained a lot of weight, went bald, got unrecognizable, and enjoyed his money. 

BTW, did you ever see the cult film Bubba Ho-Tep? It's an absurd and stupid little comedy, but it's pretty funny. 

From Wiki:

Bubba Ho-Tep is a 2002 American comedy horror film written, co-produced and directed by Don Coscarelli. It stars Bruce Campbell as Sebastian Haff, a man residing in a nursing home who claims to be the real Elvis Presley. The film also stars Ossie Davis as Jack, a black man who claims to be John F. Kennedy, explaining that he was patched up after the assassination, dyed black, and abandoned.

I LOVE that movie. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

That depends what you are famous for.

Some are probably quite glad that what they are now famous for didn't come out when they were alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1