Arturia Pigments 5

Magic Russ

3 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Also crossgrade to Pigments for €49.99...still not sure.

Pigments at 49.99 is a nobrainer. Versatile and lots of depth + good track record for support, etc.

• Like 1

@MrFigg It looks like the crossgrade to Pigments includes the Explorations Bundle so you would effectively be paying 30€ for Pigments which is pretty insane. I'm guessing you got Analog Lab V and that's what is giving you that crossgrade price, right?

22 minutes ago, Solidos said:

@MrFigg It looks like the crossgrade to Pigments includes the Explorations Bundle so you would effectively be paying 30€ for Pigments which is pretty insane. I'm guessing you got Analog Lab V and that's what is giving you that crossgrade price, right?

Yeah. V collection9, FX4. 
Where did you see about the bundle being included?

12 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Yeah. V collection9, FX4. 
Where did you see about the bundle being included?

If you scroll down on the pigments page you'll find it: https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/pigments/overview

If you're a Pigments owner, you can update for free as well as access a reduced price on the Explorations preset bundle. New users can enjoy an introductory offer on Pigments starting at 50% off, including the new preset expansions for free.

Make sure to be logged in ;)

Edited by Solidos
  • Thanks 1

Crossgraded to Pigments for $49.  I have Analog Lab 4/Pro, Augmented Strings, and V Collection 8 (+ five freebie effects).

It all started with a bundled Analog Lab Lite and I picked up the freebies and upgrades/crossgrades when they went on sale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

Multi-core!

And free upgrade, once again. 

Now were talking i pray for them to multicore all their stuff .....

UVI you re watching ?

• Like 2

Bought!

Three things pushed me over the edge (in case Arturia is listening):

1. All the positive talk about them in this and other forums, I appreciate a company with a good reputation.

2. Free upgrade for previous owners of Pigments. I’m not a previous owner but I like the policy.

3. I do own other Arturia products and there was a message to login to check my price. So I did, and a sizable discount ($99 to $49) was already applied which made it an instabuy.

Nice work, Arturia. This is how you get people to part with their money in a crowded market.

• Like 8
  • Great Idea 1

Exited , installed : meh ... cpu hit still riduclous , i used 2analog engine , a chours and a reverb  , poly 8  , i can hit easy 35 % of cpu while other arturia even last one  are around 20 % 

• Great Idea 1

yep , just try rainforest in the new bank and see .... wtf 

It's an exemple not a patch i would use , make .

Just did another one using wavetable  + piano sample , zero fx , and the relase ,+ 8 poly the cpu hit was after chord playing more near 35 ...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

yep , just try rainforest in the new bank and see .... wtf

With this preset, on my system, playing a 6 note chord, Pigments 5 reported an averaged of17% CPU (MultiCore on). 

Task-manger reported Pigments using 35% while playing 6 notes.

This is on a PC configured as per Signature.

• Like 1

I get 1% usage if I hit 10+ keys using that preset.

I noticed that idle usage was high when I had Pigments open in several tabs in Reaper. Not sure if it was Pigments causing it or something else though.

Paly regular melody , not just hit 6 keyz .... if i hit keys it's ok , if i hits and play serval chords like usual it starts to stack ...

I did n otice better cpu but no way full multicore this should easily divide by 2 while here i feel more like 20 / 30 % gain at abest /