Modartt Updates Pianoteq 8

satya

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pianoteq-8/id1642344241

https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq_overview

Modartt have updated Pianoteq 8 with new additions and refinements. Pianoteq is available as a FREE download with various in-app purchases available to expand the library of instruments.

What’s new in version 8.2.0:

Revoicing of all 11 modern grand pianos.

Fret buzz sound added to the Classical Guitar instrument.

Two new tunings for the guitar: EADF#BE and DADGAD.

MIDI sequence transposition added in the sequence context menu.

New midimapping for changing the tuning root key.

Edited by satya
  • Thanks 2

I didn't realize until today, that you can link your account in the iOS app, and unlock all the instruments you have purchased in Windows/Mac version!

Why can't more developers do this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

I didn't realize until today, that you can link your account in the iOS app, and unlock all the instruments you have purchased in Windows/Mac version!

Why can't more developers do this.

Yep, pretty amazing. I’m on Pianoteq Pro and all Pro instruments unlocked in iOS. 

• Like 1

I'm sure a lot of Pianoteq users here are watching the Modartt forum. but thought I'd give a little heads-up here about the change in sound of this release:  It's pretty radical for a "minor" update (not a new version with it's own plug-in .DLL that you can choose not to use in existing projects). If you have mixes that depend on the timbre (and loudness) of the last version (8.1.3 I think), you might want to render the raw Pianoteq output to wave before updating in case you don't like it and/or don't want to re-mix. The new timbre aside, I found at least one of the new "voicings" to be 2.5-3dB louder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• satya changed the title to Modartt Updates Pianoteq 8
23 hours ago, David Baay said:

I found at least one of the new "voicings" to be 2.5-3dB louder.

Was that the New York Steinway D? It's the one I noticed sounded the most different, but I only compared 5 of the 11.

I liked the new classical guitar voicing. It sounded more alive / authentic.

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 1

Best option is to buy one of the used licenses that are frequently offered for sale on their forum. I effectively got Pianoteq Standard for 40% off which is better than you will ever get from Modartt directly. Only caveat being that you can't resell it a second time IIRC.

Edited by David Baay

On 1/16/2024 at 6:09 PM, David Baay said:

The new timbre aside, I found at least one of the new "voicings" to be 2.5-3dB louder.

Quoting myself here, I have to retract this statement. As I posted on the Pianoteq forum, it seems the difference I was hearing and measuring was mostly due to FX in CbB differentially reinforcing the more prominent low-mid frequencies in the new voicing. In other words, my FX settings were already modifying the tone in same direction as the re-voicing.

• Like 2