Aurora DSP 🔥 NEW PLUGIN! Laney Ironheart! 🔥 for $49

cclarry

For me, as with most it really comes to life with some quality 3rd party IR's.

I've been using some Ownhammer Friedman IR's which really picks it up for me.

Going to try out some of the 2notes Laney stuff and see what that's like.

Also wonder if that IRDX Core stuff is going to make in appearance in more stuff and continue to grow, or just fade away.

My interest is more being a Laney fan, I had no thoughts that it would be of any match with TONEX.  I can play with the Laney for a good period of time, then switch over to something/anything in TONEX and to me it's immediately apparent, the sound the feel. I've been waiting, looking, waiting, looking for some good Laney packs to be released from a 3rd party vendor since the release of TONEX, I hope I find some before I pass this mortal coil.

FWIW, the quick and dirty example above was made with 3rd party IRs - Jensen C8R. I used to have two 8" cabinets with these speakers installed. Feeling a bit nostalgic about the gear I had to leave behind. But you certainly can get awesome tones with built-in cabs.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:28 PM, heath row said:

My interest is more being a Laney fan, I had no thoughts that it would be of any match with TONEX.  I can play with the Laney for a good period of time, then switch over to something/anything in TONEX and to me it's immediately apparent, the sound the feel. I've been waiting, looking, waiting, looking for some good Laney packs to be released from a 3rd party vendor since the release of TONEX, I hope I find some before I pass this mortal coil.

Different Laney model but these Lionheart captures from FunkyBot (for free) are on par with other paid packs of different amps that are out there, and formatted in a similar way giving a good range of the amp.

https://www.tone.net/tonex/search/?q=laney+lionheart+l5t&search_filters=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slightly confused by the various feedback.
So what's the bottom line on this amp sim?
Is it, that if you have ToneX not to bother adding it to your collection?

<sigh> Yeah I could demo it & I will try to do that this weekend, but still value the opinion of the other guitar geeks who haunt this forum.

Edited by TheSteven

34 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

<sigh> Yeah I could demo it & I will try to do that this weekend, but still value the opinion of the other guitar geeks who haunt this forum.

ToneX user here (with quite a few after market packs)

These $50 plugins are an easy pass.  I'd find far more value putting that money towards more packs.

Also when I'm looking for Laney tones, I'm thinking more along the lines of Tony Iommi,  Billy Corgan, or even the Lionheart (vintage tone and dynamics instead of a modern voice like the Ironheart) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I used to have Laney IRT-Studio. To me this ampsim is a perfect replacement for the actual hardware. I'm not in a rush, though, gonna wait for a discounted price and then get it.

• Great Idea 1

14 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

ToneX user here (with quite a few after market packs)

These $50 plugins are an easy pass.  I'd find far more value putting that money towards more packs.

Also when I'm looking for Laney tones, I'm thinking more along the lines of Tony Iommi,  Billy Corgan, or even the Lionheart (vintage tone and dynamics instead of a modern voice like the Ironheart) 

I mostly agree, although I purchase certain things knowing I'm not going to use them, like the Nembrini stuff, Kuassa stuff, Audiority stuff, Audio Assault stuff etc, just to keep the collections complete and to soothe my OCD, as well as support those guys who I used pre TONEX, this Laney one is the same, foreknowledge that it would receive no or very little use, but mainly because I'm a Laney fan.

Also TONEX user, practically exclusively, and it would take something very special, exceedingly good to change that.

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, heath row said:

I mostly agree, although I purchase certain things knowing I'm not going to use them, like the Nembrini stuff, Kuassa stuff, Audiority stuff, Audio Assault stuff etc, just to keep the collections complete and to soothe my OCD, as well as support those guys who I used pre TONEX, this Laney one is the same, foreknowledge that it would receive no or very little use, but mainly because I'm a Laney fan.

Also TONEX user, practically exclusively, and it would take something very special, exceedingly good to change that.

Yeah, I started out the same when TONEX came out, but as time has passed on, as much as I appreciate these other developers - I find it doesn't make sense for me to buy products I simply will not use.  Funds are limited and I've shifted that spending to those buying and capturing high end amps.  There is no reason why these other makers couldn't do the same and add packs to their lineup, they choose not to.   There are plenty of packs out there I want but don't have yet and frankly take some of this approach now with the tonex pack creators buying some packs when cheap enough even though I know they will get less use than other packs.

$50 is a lot of money for something I won't use.  Price needs to be far less than that to simply "support" the developer.  

• Like 1

On further thought I have decided to not even bother checking this plugin out.

Aurora support is nonexistent - I've tried multiple times to contact their support regarding issue with Rhino plugin (and my account) and other than the immediate auto email "This ticket was created on your behalf." have never gotten a response.  I had an account on their website but can no longer access it, recreate it or reset password.
I tried to contact them again on Friday with same results.  I won't do business with a company that treats its customers in this manner.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I won't do business with a company that treats its customers in this manner.

That is very unfortunate. I can name a bunch of companies that dropped support and further development of excellent products. I steer away from such companies no matter how good their current offer is.