NI Butch Vig Drums Updated to 1.1.0

cclarry

image.png.ef01329e7e1c1519981adbf408cbd925.png

Same for 40s Very Own Drums, Empire Drums, Karriem Riggins and I assume the other similar library that I don't have and can't remember the name of right now.

Also curious they added all those effects and no mention of new presets to take advantage of them.

Edited by Magic Russ

So what's the verdict - to update or not?

Sometimes  there's the danger with NI is there is no rollback since downloads are removed after installation. Then you have to go an extra mile to get the previous version. No other software I have licenses acts this way.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

no rollback since downloads are removed after installation.

The secret is to have your download folder location open alongside NA when running the DL/Install procedure and catch the ISO file just after the DL completes and during the install operation and quickly grab and copy it to another folder or drive.
I have the installers for every NI instrument that I've ever DL'd using NA saved on an external drive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

The secret is to have your download folder location open alongside NA when running the DL/Install procedure and catch the ISO file just after the DL completes and during the install operation and quickly grab and copy it to another folder or drive.
I have the installers for every NI instrument that I've ever DL'd using NA saved on an external drive.

But why do they make it that hard?

It's similar with CbB's reactivation sh..! Really not user-friendly! And the explanations are more of a hollow excuse!

30 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

I've tried that but file size has a lot to do with it.  Sometimes copying is not fast enough.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

So what's the verdict - to update or not?

Sometimes  there's the danger with NI is there is no rollback since downloads are removed after installation. Then you have to go an extra mile to get the previous version. No other software I have licenses acts this way.   

If you are not using their hardware, then you are safe. If you are using a MK3 or Jam controller, better check their forums. In my case I had to downgrade as it totally hosed my setup.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17039/previous-versions-of-recently-updated-kontakt-libraries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries/p1

5 minutes ago, Sistine said:

But why do they make it that hard?

It's similar with CbB's reactivation sh..! Really not user-friendly! And the explanations are more of a hollow excuse!

Welcome to the modern age of DAWs. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

If you are not using their hardware, then you are safe. If you are using a MK3 or Jam controller, better check their forums. In my case I had to downgrade as it totally hosed my setup.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17039/previous-versions-of-recently-updated-kontakt-libraries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries/p1

Short answer is No.