activation

3 hours ago, Tez said:

If it's not a bug,  any suggestions as to what’s going on would be helpful, thanks

It's definitely not a bug(!) or the rest of us that use it every day would be going bonkers.
2023.09.075 is the latest (and final free) build, released early October, '23.
Many of us got a renewal authorization prompt in the first week of January, usually with no issues.

Most likely you have some trash in your registry. Try to clean it out and see if the problem resolves on your system. Also check for maybe a few too many ShadowCopies (Windows Restore Points) and eliminate all but the latest 2 or 3.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:19 PM, greg54 said:

Not sure why I'm being met with hostility about this. 

From 1 Greg to another, I think it has to do with the dozens of threads recently about reactivating and what the future will bring for Cakewalk.
Not everyone reads the forum every day, and they (you) may not have seen any of these threads.
They're upset that you're not here all the time. 😁

14 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

From 1 Greg to another, I think it has to do with the dozens of threads recently about reactivating and what the future will bring for Cakewalk.
Not everyone reads the forum every day, and they (you) may not have seen any of these threads.
They're upset that you're not here all the time. 😁

The point is that no one from Bandlab ever said that activation would be removed.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:28 PM, gustabo said:

The point is that no one from Bandlab ever said that activation would be removed.

Previously the end user at least had some control.  Off-Line Activation, and even a button to refresh activation to give you 6 months.

Opened the program today on the latest build and I have 7 days - and there was zero option prior to that to "refresh" my activation....this could be a very real problem.

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:28 AM, greg54 said:

It would not let me play or record or do anything.

This actually caught me off guard. Didn't the prior versions simply disable saving? The 3-month window I find a little odd as well TBH.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mettelus said:

This actually caught me off guard. Didn't the prior versions simply disable saving? The 3-month window I find a little odd as well TBH.

There's no change there. Demo mode has the same behavior in the current build.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Previously the end user at least had some control.  Off-Line Activation, and even a button to refresh activation to give you 6 months

There's a new tool that will handle offline activation for CbB, but its in beta currently. Signing back into BandLab from the help menu will renew the auth license.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1