UVI personal thank you codes are out

Kirean

If they've got one for you, you should have received it in the mail (I think you can also see it in your account.)

On that note: is World Suite 2 any good?

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 2

World Suite is very hit or miss. Very few instruments (like, around a handful, if even) are deeply sampled and suitable as lead instruments. Some are borderline unusable. It’s very much a „let me put that in the background to fill out some empty space“ kind of library. If you're looking for that, go for it. If you’re looking to add blazing sitar and oud solos or head-on percussion to your music, look elsewhere.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

If they've got one for you, you should have received it in the mail (I think you can also see it in your account.)

Been waiting for this.  While not as much as I hoped, still appreciated.
Note that code/voucher is good till Jan 31st.

Edited by TheSteven
fixed typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jngnz said:

World Suite is very hit or miss. Very few instruments (like, around a handful, if even) are deeply sampled and suitable as lead instruments. Some are borderline unusable. It’s very much a „let me put that in the background to fill out some empty space“ kind of library. If you're looking for that, go for it. If you’re looking to add blazing sitar and oud solos or head-on percussion to your music, look elsewhere.

Cheers!

I've got about 60 euros worth of vouchers so I could get it down to ~90, which I think might be at the top of what I might want to pay for an extensive mishmash-library.

Does UVI have any kind of other sales in January considering that's when the thank you voucher expires or do people usually simply buy Falcon expansion packs with them?

6 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Does UVI have any kind of other sales in January considering that's when the thank you voucher expires or do people usually simply buy Falcon expansion packs with them?

Last year they had an up to 50% off sale around Jan 12th...
Hopefully it will be the same this year too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pat Osterday said:

Any idea what the threshold for getting personal vouchers is?  I bought Falcon 3 in November.

You already got a voucher when you bought Falcon, so don't know if they'll count that (the Falcon purchase) in the 2023 voucher calculation.
That could be why mine is only around $30 $60  (oops, misremembered).
I bought Falcon last January, but bought other stuff over the year.

Edited by TheSteven
corrected my voucher amount

10 hours ago, TheSteven said:

You already got a voucher when you bought Falcon, so don't know if they'll count that (the Falcon purchase) in the 2023 voucher calculation.
That could be why mine is only around $30.

Ah, thanks!  That makes sense!

12 hours ago, TheSteven said:

That could be why mine is only around $30.

Anyone else can confirm this?

I'm considering falcon at next sale but if this is the case there is no point of purchasing falcon at UVI.

Audio deluxe or somewhere will be better.

17 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Been waiting for this.  While not as much as I hoped, still appreciated.
Note that code/voucher is good till Jan 31st.

Thanks for the tip about the end of Jan. I didn't notice when I received the email.

3 hours ago, overbit said:

I'm considering falcon at next sale but if this is the case there is no point of purchasing falcon at UVI.

maybe... 
I bought Falcon from UVI gambling that my voucher would be more than the $20 something I could have saved by buying it somewhere else.
This is how it worked out for me...

At UVI I spent 
$212.86 on Falcon + stuff 
$ 54.29 on a bunch of Falcon libs (using my $100 voucher)
$149.00 late in 2023 getting Augmented Orchestra
=================
$ 60  my voucher for 2023 expenditures.

Possible I got around 15% kickback for all three combined.
or around 30% kickback on purchases #2 + #3 ($203.29) combined.
I don't know... Someone else who didn't buy Falcon from UVI will have to contribute their data to figure it out (or someone can contact UVI and see what they say).
BUT I'm tired and this is as far as I'm digging.

Here's the CW Forum thread on last years sale where we tossed around various ideas on how best to spend our pennies:

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jngnz said:

Do you (or anyone) know if there is a way to export the one shot / loop samples (vocals, percussion, etc.) as .wav files? Looking at the World Suite walkthrough, there are some cool vocal one-shot performances, but much prefer to have these as raw .wav files in my sample / loop  drive. This can be done with Kontakt, but not sure about Falcon.

Edited by Carl Ewing

4 hours ago, overbit said:

best bet is second hand, i got mine for 125 at FB or special deals for 199+100 voucher like black friday

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I was a bit concern at the expiry date of 02/1/2024.  Down under, that reads as 2nd January 2024

That is until I quickly realised it’s actually 1st February 2024 (US date format)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Do you (or anyone) know if there is a way to export the one shot / loop samples (vocals, percussion, etc.) as .wav files? Looking at the World Suite walkthrough, there are some cool vocal one-shot performances, but much prefer to have these as raw .wav files in my sample / loop  drive. This can be done with Kontakt, but not sure about Falcon.

I have actually researched about removing them before because I have zero interest in them. It’s not possible. Isolating/exporting them might be a different thing altogether, but I wouldn't be surprised if it weren’t possible either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Do you (or anyone) know if there is a way to export the one shot / loop samples (vocals, percussion, etc.) as .wav files?

Yes, you can. 

However, you will have to do them one at a time.