Good audio interface for cakewalk under 100$ (Main goal is to reduce or possibly eliminate recording latency)

Krishna Ramsundar

• Krishna Ramsundar changed the title to Good audio interface for cakewalk under 100$ (Main goal is to reduce or possibly eliminate recording latency)

OMG... I just looked at Amazon and there is a "sponsored" brand there that looks identical to Focusrite but has the name "Dacimora"... make sure the product is Focusrite!!!

What actually ticks me off more with this is I specifically searched for "focusrite scarlett 3rd gen usb audio interface" and those fakes come up first. Either the Focusrite 3rd Gen Scarlett Solo or Scarlett 2i2 (a little more, but with a few more features) will do what you are asking.

PreSonus is another manufacturer to consider. Beyond just the tech specs for the interfaces, several also offer software, FX, and other goodies as Pragi mentioned. Definitely take a little time comparing specs and reading reviews (especially the negative ones) on items that you are considering.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 4 weeks later...

The best interfaces that I could find that meet the criteria of costing under $100 and allowing simultaneous recording of 2 tracks, 1 guitar and 1 vocal, are the PreSonus Audiobox USB 96K at $99 and the M-Audio M-Track Duo at $69.

Personally, I'd go for the PreSonus. I have a similar model, the PreSonus Studio 2|4 and the sound quality is excellent.

My larger interface is a Focusrite. They're both great, really. Can't go wrong with either brand, but CAVEAT: Focusrite has saved costs on the lower end models like the Scarlett 2i2 by omitting a MIDI interface. PreSonus still make theirs with the standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors.

• Like 2

Funny how everyone recommends Focusrite all the time. They actually don't make the short list if you compare all the interfaces of any given category. They are simply a "best Seller" There are possibly better interfaces in same price range.  I just did a big research project on 2x2 interfaces. Here's most everything you need to know about 2x2 interfaces. Next I'm going to cover Audio interface Mixers. 

https://sites.google.com/view/cactus-studios/audio-interfaces

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 6:03 AM, John Vere said:

Funny how everyone recommends Focusrite all the time. They actually don't make the short list if you compare all the interfaces of any given category. They are simply a "best Seller" There are possibly better interfaces in same price range.  I just did a big research project on 2x2 interfaces. Here's most everything you need to know about 2x2 interfaces. Next I'm going to cover Audio interface Mixers. 

https://sites.google.com/view/cactus-studios/audio-interfaces

I've never used it, but the Presonus Studio 24C does have loopback. At least, there are options: Virtual and Mix 1/2.

Edited by MarkP
Added options.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkP said:

I've never used it, but the Presonus Studio 24C does have loopback. At least, there are options: Virtual and Mix 1/2.

PreSonus has shifted a lot of their hardware to use their Universal Control software (installing Universal Control has options to install the drivers for about half a dozen audio interface types included). The virtual loopback is embedded into that application via the virtual mixer (similar to OBS, MixControl, and the like).