Sadness In The Strings (Collaboration) - Removed

FreeEarCandy

3 hours ago, KSband said:

Are your levels in the red? The track sounds distorted to me, like it's too hot.

Thanks KSband. Apparently so. Had a look and forgot to set the LUFS input gain in my mastering plugin. It automatically runs way above the standard streaming limits for some dumb reason. Thing was set at -8.5. I bumped it down. My headphones don't seem to mind hot and my ears are no longer sensitive to loud noises. Fixed and a new link. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello Lynn! Good to hear from you, brother. Its been awhile. Hope all is well. You are very kind. Thanks! I have some catching up to do here. I will be visiting your recent work shortly to see what musical  mischief you've been up to. ;-) All these wonderful musical gifts are everywhere. It feels like Xmas. Oh wait! It is Xmas!

14 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I've now listened to this 3 times and still can't believe it's over 4 minutes long.  I'm always left with wanting more.  I love your guitar solo!!  I hear and feel the sadness.  Great songwriting and performance with an emotive mix.  Encore!

Hi

Agree with Lynn, I really like this - great writing - love the breaks and as Lynn says, great guitar solo

Really cool

Nigel

• Like 1

Talk about from the heart, this is deep  ! I really love the song. The words and imagery are wonderful, very poetic yet realistic too. Your words really painted the picture. Some very creative descriptions regarding light and shadows and their interplays. I love the guitar playing. The mood is strong. A few times I had trouble following the drum pattern when it was more creative, likely due to my simpleness around drum parts. Enjoyed it a lot ! happy holidays

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, treesha said:

Talk about from the heart, this is deep  ! I really love the song. The words and imagery are wonderful, very poetic yet realistic too. Your words really painted the picture. Some very creative descriptions regarding light and shadows and their interplays. I love the guitar playing. The mood is strong. A few times I had trouble following the drum pattern when it was more creative, likely due to my simpleness around drum parts. Enjoyed it a lot ! happy holidays

Thanks Treesha! Drums & bass are not my strong points. I generally farm them out to a old friend and collaborator, but he's been very busy bringing new life into the world. When he gets some time he'll do a much better job than I can do in those areas. When that happens I'll repost. Plus I have another surprise version of this. Sort of a hybrid original and cover tune I put together for the fun of it. For now I'm trying to work on the sound quality issues and tones and needed some feedback. Glad you liked the poem & imagery.  Enjoy the holidays! Merry Xmas!

• Like 1

• FreeEarCandy changed the title to Sadness In The Strings (Collaboration)
  • FreeEarCandy changed the title to Sadness In The Strings (Collaboration) - Removed