A Short Walk to Rush fans?

PhonoBrainer

13 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

From Toronto, perhaps too much posing, definitely talented, seem to be aiming at a Boomer throwback vibe

What's the verdict?

I agree that the posing "that's me!" B.S. really undermines my impression of them. Would I spend the money on a concert ticket or CD of theirs? No. There's more to talent than just technical proficiency. And I really didn't like the drummer's work or the way the drum audio was mixed (too dry).

Well, I liked it. All of it. The cheesy "Look at me" went well with  the video. Excellent guitar work. And to me the drummer was excellent. Really impressed me with his choice of fills.

The first few bars gave me a throwback to the Outfield and of jangly music of that era. Really like her singing.  And thought the sax was a great and unexpected contrast to everything else.

Enjoyed it. Looking to see if they have more good ones.

I am a sucker for a good pop song. And that was one!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

Well, I watched it and I certainly also don't see some of the objections others have posed (I also never pay much attention to videos unless I can steal a guitar lick or stare at any cute female band members! 😁).

The misnaming in the thread title put me off, I thought it was a band trying to be like Rush so I skipped over watching...

Anyway, I thought the entire song was well done and I really liked the guitar work and tone.  The rest (and the sax solo) sounded appropriate for the song.

I don't go to concerts, so I'm more of a "would I listen to this?" guy.  I think I would.

I will say, it sure beats most of the lifeless pap that's being put out there currently!

• Like 2