Impact Soundworks End-of-Year Sale Save up to 65% storewide on sample libraries and plugins!

laglag

1 minute ago, Kirean said:

This is like a collective treasure hunt!

I don’t know. I just realised I spent $43 on stuff I don’t need and probably caused the developer like $30 in licencing and bandwidth cost.

We are honestly a pretty sad bunch of addicts.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I don’t know. I just realised I spent $43 on stuff I don’t need and probably caused the developer like $30 in licencing and bandwidth cost.

We are honestly a pretty sad bunch of addicts.

I agree... I could get TSS down to $160, but then I thought -- WHY? -- would I even use it. So getting better at NOT buying something 🙂

Hey folks, while I do appreciate the fun of bargain hunting, @kitekrazy put it best that it's ultimately not a good customer experience. Nobody should feel like they are "missing out" on a discount just because they don't know where to look.

That's why earlier this year we introduced the Personalized Deals area of the site. It's intended to REPLACE the need and hassle of finding/using coupons. The discounts you see are directly based on your existing purchase history. Like if you have a Shreddage 3 guitar, you'll see discounts on the other guitars. And the more items you own, the better your discounts.

You simply check what you want and hit Add to Cart at the bottom. It's as easy as possible :)

Plus, just in the last couple weeks, we updated this system so that if you buy multiple deals from this page, it will give you a sort of "create your own bundle" discount with some extra % off. Again, it applies evenly to everyone, no special codes are necessary.

Putting this system together took quite a lot of time, but I think it's the ideal combination of easy-to-use and fair, as any two people with the same purchase history will get the exact same discounts.

Naturally, when we implemented this, we expired/deprecated the vast majority of coupons in our system...

But clearly, we missed some, like the ones mentioned here (which have been disabled as they were not intended to be available.) Again, everything is supposed to be 'ported' to the Deals system. Any previous crossgrades, upgrades, add-ons, etc, are now all deals. 

I'm going to take some time today for another pass and make sure I have not missed anything else. It might be a little less fun, but the Personalized Deals area really is more fair to everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew Aversa said:

Hey folks, while I do appreciate the fun of bargain hunting, @kitekrazy put it best that it's ultimately not a good customer experience. Nobody should feel like they are "missing out" on a discount just because they don't know where to look.

That's why earlier this year we introduced the Personalized Deals area of the site. It's intended to REPLACE the need and hassle of finding/using coupons. The discounts you see are directly based on your existing purchase history. Like if you have a Shreddage 3 guitar, you'll see discounts on the other guitars. And the more items you own, the better your discounts.

You simply check what you want and hit Add to Cart at the bottom. It's as easy as possible :)

Plus, just in the last couple weeks, we updated this system so that if you buy multiple deals from this page, it will give you a sort of "create your own bundle" discount with some extra % off. Again, it applies evenly to everyone, no special codes are necessary.

Putting this system together took quite a lot of time, but I think it's the ideal combination of easy-to-use and fair, as any two people with the same purchase history will get the exact same discounts.

Naturally, when we implemented this, we expired/deprecated the vast majority of coupons in our system...

But clearly, we missed some, like the ones mentioned here (which have been disabled as they were not intended to be available.) Again, everything is supposed to be 'ported' to the Deals system. Any previous crossgrades, upgrades, add-ons, etc, are now all deals. 

I'm going to take some time today for another pass and make sure I have not missed anything else. It might be a little less fun, but the Personalized Deals area really is more fair to everyone.

I will start by saying that this seems completely fair to me.

Just would like to point that while a see nothing wrong with this system, i think that it doesnt appeal to newcomers as the personalized deals are in fact not so great deals.

It is worth to keep in mind that, at least for me, most os the companies from whom i now own the full catalog, the experience started with a great deal, some of them i didnt even had heard of them prior to that.  
While it seems more than fair to reward usual costumers, this model ends up not beeing that great at getting new ones.

despite that i know if the model is the other way around you will have that costumer with most of your instruments raging about not seeing his loyalty valued😁

… it is a tough world 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Aversa said:

Hey folks, while I do appreciate the fun of bargain hunting, @kitekrazy put it best that it's ultimately not a good customer experience.

Meanwhile in the real world.........I must not know what a good customer experience is.   If I go into any store and there is no price I don't bother.  It seems prices listed is the norm.  If definitely removes the impulse buy.

That is the only flaw I see here.   The rest is great.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Aversa said:

if you buy multiple deals from this page, it will give you a sort of "create your own bundle" discount with some extra % off. Again, it applies evenly to everyone, no special codes are necessary.

It's a good idea and I'm happy. However, the discount rate for the "MY DEALS" amount appears to be lower than before.

You probably know best that everyone loves coupons. It would be great if you could send limited time coupons to your email subscribers on a regular basis.

Special coupons create a buzz and make us feel like we got a great deal.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

The threshold for VIP is specifically 3+ orders totaling $300 or more - if you've passed that and didn't get an email, just reach out to our support and we'll investigate. Sometimes people check out as guests or use an alternate email so their purchases aren't all in the same account. We can easily re-assign and move things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew Aversa said:

The threshold for VIP is specifically 3+ orders totaling $300 or more - if you've passed that and didn't get an email, just reach out to our support and we'll investigate. Sometimes people check out as guests or use an alternate email so their purchases aren't all in the same account. We can easily re-assign and move things.

The problem is that purchases made outside your store register as "$0".  Whatever...and even besides that,
my total purchase are well over $300

Edited by cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

The problem is that purchases made outside your store register as "$0".  Whatever...and even besides that,
my total purchase are well over $300

Right. Our store does not have any way to automatically connect to any other stores to retrieve that data as we're on different systems. That being said, one purpose of the VIP system is to reward purchases on our site vs. distributors where we do not get the full sale amount. Other sites may have their own loyalty systems in place, but we generally want people to shop at our site 🙂

Edited by Andrew Aversa
  • Like 2