Free 3 day mixing workshop

satya

I signed up a couple years ago and they spent a good portion of the 3 days upselling their main course. At the time, they were apprehensive about sharing credentials and portfolios. The "workshop" was less work and more talking about philosophies and ideas around mixing. At the end, I felt like I was being reeled into one of those crypto investment schemes you see on YT when they asked to call me on the phone. You might get a LOT of marketing emails too. I did.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Magic Pill Music said:

I signed up a couple years ago and they spent a good portion of the 3 days upselling their main course. At the time, they were apprehensive about sharing credentials and portfolios. The "workshop" was less work and more talking about philosophies and ideas around mixing. At the end, I felt like I was being reeled into one of those crypto investment schemes you see on YT when they asked to call me on the phone. You might get a LOT of marketing emails too. I did.

Give me some investment ideas

• Haha 1

I have a different experience.

Did one of these before and it was straight up actually working on a mix for a couple of hours. Sure, they shared some general "mixing philosophies" and probably mentioned what they do have on offer to actually make some money (shame on them, right?), but that's just par for the course.

They also do regular free courses and giveaways, so I'm not sure what's not to like.

Another thing: they're asking for a phone number signing up for this. A fake one is fine. There's no validation of any kind.

• Like 2

This morning I received a marketing email from Warren Huart (Produce Like A Pro) asking me to RSVP for this course. Apparently Mastering.com has him hosting this mixing/mastering workshop. I think Warren does good work and provides a good service. He was not a part of the workshop I signed up for a few year ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Magic Pill Music said:

This morning I received a marketing email from Warren Huart (Produce Like A Pro) asking me to RSVP for this course.

Just the one ? Lucky you.... WH, or at least whoever handles his email for him, is a PITA for me of late - 2/3 per day is not uncommon at all. I don't know if it's a case of increasingly greedy or increasingly desperate, but I feel an unsubscription coming on.

Really enjoyed the first day - replay HERE.  Lot's of good nuggets and a very enjoyable track being used.  Thanks for posting.

EDIT: All three days are there now.

Day 1 - Prep
Day 2 - Instrumentals
Day 3 - Vocals

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3