Sampletekk December Specials

jbl4311

8 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Rain Piano is excellent.

Wait, I have a pretty nasty case of COVID and a bit of a fever, so this may just be some kind of COVID-related delusion, but it seems like I've just witnessed two very positive reviews from you today.  Or was it all a fever induced dream? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, jbl4311 said:

I'm downloading that one now  👍

In all seriousness,  Rain Piano is very good. I've had it since the original version, which goes back more than a decade. It's an upright piano with a lot of character/charm.  For under $8 USD, I would consider it a no-brainer for anyone who owns the full version of KONTAKT. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wait, I have a pretty nasty case of COVID and a bit of a fever, so this may just be some kind of COVID-related delusion, but it seems like I've just witnessed two very positive reviews from you today.  Or was it all a fever induced dream? ;)

Must be holiday sentimentality. Which is also the only thing keeping me out of that IK Lurssen thread.

• Haha 3

After you install Rain Piano, check the samples folder for the sample file "9_E3_Up_-24.07_Rain.ncw".  If it is dated earlier than 23/07/2016 (or 07/23/2016 for those of you on the other side of the pond), then you have the bad sample. There is a fix for it, but I don't know if it's included now.

Also, props to SampleTekk for comping me the Mk II Kontakt version after I bought the version for Studio One's Presence sample player from the PreSonus shop.

I also have several other of their sampled instruments that are decent for the price. One sort of odd, but cool one is the INIL Choir (I'm Not In Love by 10 CC). If you don't know story behind the dozens of overdubs they had to do to create that sound originally, Google it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

After you install Rain Piano, check the samples folder for the sample file "9_E3_Up_-24.07_Rain.ncw".  If it is dated earlier than 23/07/2016 (or 07/23/2016 for those of you on the other side of the pond), then you have the bad sample. There is a fix for it, but I don't know if it's included now.

Sadly it's not included. Just checked and my file was from 2014 or something. Thanks for the headsup!

Really don't understand why a dev wouldn't upgrade the package to include the fix from get-go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kirean said:

Sadly it's not included. Just checked and my file was from 2014 or something. Thanks for the headsup!

Really don't understand why a dev wouldn't upgrade the package to include the fix from get-go.

I put the fixed sample in my Google Drive. Here's the link. Let me know if you can download the file.

Fixed sample file for Rain Piano Mk II

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

I put the fixed sample in my Google Drive. Here's the link. Let me know if you can download the file.

Fixed sample file for Rain Piano Mk II

I take this the same one available on Sampletekk's site? ("Rainpianofix1.zip" on this page:  https://www.sampletekk.com/upright-pianos&product_id=167

Good to have it linked here too, though.

In my original post, I meant to wonder why the actual instrument zip doesn't include the fix by default (ie. why offer people the chance to download a partly broken instrument, when they could offer the fixed package to new customers + separate fix to those that bought/downloaded it before the fix.)

But yeah. Thanks for looking out for new buyers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

I take this the same one available on Sampletekk's site? ("Rainpianofix1.zip" on this page:  https://www.sampletekk.com/upright-pianos&product_id=167

Good to have it linked here too, though.

In my original post, I meant to wonder why the actual instrument zip doesn't include the fix by default (ie. why offer people the chance to download a partly broken instrument, when they could offer the fixed package to new customers + separate fix to those that bought/downloaded it before the fix.)

But yeah. Thanks for looking out for new buyers!

Yup. That's the file. I bought Rain Piano so long ago that I didn't remember that the fix file was visible and available for download. 

I did have a situation where a sample file was not sorted properly. The dev sent me a fix, but didn't update the distribution file because it would have broken existing projects whose file paths to the samples in the faulty version would no longer be valid and existing projects would break due samples not being found. I appreciated that he took the time to properly structure the distribution file and send me a personal update. That saved me a bunch of time having to restructure the install myself.

The next round are:

I highly recommend NOT watching Simeon's walkthrough of these... otherwise you're likely to spend money!

• Thanks 1