Revalver 5 - Now by Headrush - Discounted upgrades through Dec. 31

Magic Russ

• Magic Russ changed the title to Revalver 5 - Now by Headrush - Discounted upgrades through Dec. 31

Not really what I was expecting for Revalver5, a little underwhelmed thus far to be honest. I owned all the modules from R4, so I guess I just got to buy what is pic'ed above, I know I don't have to buy anything and can use the free, but to end up with all there is now I guess that's what I have to purchase.

I'll keep going through and checking out the new stuff, and suffering that strange noise every now and then. At leas it imported all my old stuff, but we shall see after a few more days. When I started checking it out yesterday I thought hmmm, meh, will I waste anymore time or just ditch it, I own R3 and R4 which I don't use so st least I could waste a little more time on it before purchasing the bundle and then not using it again just like it's forefathers. 😐

And like every single website owned by InMusic, it's a dog's breakfast. They also mention a free version, which is a shame compared to what you get in free offers from IK and NI. Maybe you could have more functionality by tweaking the two amps they give but....I cannot get the free version to license or work.

App wise, it has that annoying thing modern apps have where they never get the scaling right. You either have to use a very low resolution screen or a 16K panel for it to display correctly as the small setup is too small and the medium setup is too big.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

It's weird because there are a lot of presets where there is this harsh short ambience, even when it's just the amp engaged.  Also there are a few times where the volume fluctuates as if a slow and shallow tremolo were engaged.

I generally prefer the new Headrush effects over the older ones.  As for the Headrush effects, they mostly are pretty good, except that the Multi Chorus is a bit brittle and the Shimmer Reverb is by far the worst attempt at that effect I have ever heard.

Also, having previously updated from Revalver 4 Producer to the free version of 5, it did load all of the effects I had from 4 into the free version, but not the ACT profiles.

It doesn't seem like there is any new functionality in it apart from the new Headrush components.

• Like 1

I tried the new version and was shocked by the difference between the older RV4 models vs the newer Headrush ones. The older stuff is so full and detailed in every aspect, I can't believe I'm playing my guitar using virtual gear. The newer amps, however, feel very generic, OKAY at best. Definitely, not what I expected from the product with this kind of pedigree.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Also no VST3. Hmmm. 

During installation process, I noticed VST3 and AAX versions being installed.