PG Music releases Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows

Brian Lawler

8 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Does anyone know of a program that's a little more simple than BIAB? I kinda just want something to blast chord progressions in quickly, doesn't really need to sound amazing. Just for practicing.

Check out JJazzLab:

https://www.jjazzlab.org/en/

It’s free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Does anyone know of a program that's a little more simple than BIAB? I kinda just want something to blast chord progressions in quickly, doesn't really need to sound amazing. Just for practicing.

Chordpulse is another one. Simple, quick and easy. Free 14 day trial but also cheap to buy the full version. 

https://www.chordpulse.com/

• Like 3

On 4/15/2024 at 9:16 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

If you restrict yourself to just using the BIAB VST plugin, most of the complexity is hidden.  You literally pick a style, type in the chords, click Generate and press play within Cakewalk.

image.png.53e9f19fbe59ed28a1c60eabf780b2d6.png

If you like what you hear, you can drag the audio/MIDI tracks from the plugin on to the track view and work with them as normal clips.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 4:39 AM, ZincT said:

Chordpulse is another one. Simple, quick and easy. Free 14 day trial but also cheap to buy the full version. 

https://www.chordpulse.com/

Thanks for that ZincT. I got the program and find it very useful and easy to work with. I just started with it yesterday. Really easy to navigate and create a backing trk quickly. 

Got some more digging to do. Lot's of  potential. It sure is a good find.

Oh, and yes it's worth the asking price for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Thanks for that ZincT. I got the program and find it very useful and easy to work with. I just started with it yesterday. Really easy to navigate and create a backing trk quickly. 

Got some more digging to do. Lot's of  potential. It sure is a good find.

Oh, and yes it's worth the asking price for sure!

Glad you found it useful Grem 👍🏻 It was someone on the old CW forum who originally suggested it to me, and I still use it to this day as a quick and dirty alternative to BIAB. You can do a surprising amount with it. 

These videos are worth a look if you want an initial look and then to dig deeper.

The same guy also does some JJazzLab (ALC's suggestion) reviews on his channel  which is worth mentioning again as it can make use of the huge number of Yamaha style files and even has some built-in.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3