State of the Art Sound system in the Las Vegas Sphere

bitflipper

Dave Rat gives a tour and delivers the technical specs. Each box contains either 80 or 96 speakers, each with their own amplifier. They go for $36-38K apiece, so I won't be adding any to my rig, although it would be fun to be able to target sound at that one guy in the audience who's being a jerk.

This gear is amazing. I've never heard of directionality like this, outside of sonic military weapons. Even though you're in a sphere, which should be the worst-possible acoustical environment, you don't hear the room. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 4:37 AM, bitflipper said:

it would be fun to be able to target sound at that one guy in the audience who's being a jerk

Or just point one at the lead guitarist so that he only thinks he's successfully drowning everything else out..

• Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm completely blown away by this sphere!

A real eyesore if you ask me... ;)

Just kidding, I wouldn't know. I never leave home. I've seen photos that friends back home posted on Facebook - I wasn't even aware of that thing before that.

Heck, I've not even seen the completed Allegiant Stadium. I think we have a football team now, and the local hockey team is doing relatively well if I understand correctly.

Aristotle's fifth element of drama was Spectacle, which is about the setting and what the audience sees. Drama needs a visual element. Spectacle and atmosphere can bring new meaning to the language and characters. Atmosphere and spectacle can make a drama memorable.

• Like 2