The Annual "Show us Your Booty" Thread!

cclarry

On 12/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, smallstonefan said:

A little late to the party, but here's the odd assortment I purchased for "black Friday week":

• Joshua Bell Violin
  • Triad Orbit mic stand to hold my Stam Audio U47 clone.
  • UHE Diva
  • Komplete 14 Collectors Edition upgrade.
  • A Bodhran drum from McNeela Music in Ireland.
  • The rest of the Topaz Labs suite (for upscaling images made in AI).
  • BHaptics Suite with arm bands for more immersion in Skyrim VR. Arrives next week - super stoked!
  • One year subscription to Solidworks Maker - I want to learn to do design some ideas I have an 3d print them.
  • 4 ounces of a CBD strain I've been waiting on for months
  • All parts to build a new DAW: Intel i9 14900, 64GB DDR5, Asus 4090 oc (because why not?), fans, drives, watercoolers, case, etc. Last new DAW build took me three weeks. I think I'm better prepared but I know this will be painful.

PS: Anyone know what to do with over $800 in Audio Plugin Deals rewards?

How was your bodhran? I heard that brand's product could use a little help from an amp?

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, smallstonefan said:

A little late to the party, but here's the odd assortment I purchased for "black Friday week":

• Joshua Bell Violin
  • Triad Orbit mic stand to hold my Stam Audio U47 clone.
  • UHE Diva
  • Komplete 14 Collectors Edition upgrade.
  • A Bodhran drum from McNeela Music in Ireland.
  • The rest of the Topaz Labs suite (for upscaling images made in AI).
  • BHaptics Suite with arm bands for more immersion in Skyrim VR. Arrives next week - super stoked!
  • One year subscription to Solidworks Maker - I want to learn to do design some ideas I have an 3d print them.
  • 4 ounces of a CBD strain I've been waiting on for months
  • All parts to build a new DAW: Intel i9 14900, 64GB DDR5, Asus 4090 oc (because why not?), fans, drives, watercoolers, case, etc. Last new DAW build took me three weeks. I think I'm better prepared but I know this will be painful.

PS: Anyone know what to do with over $800 in Audio Plugin Deals rewards?

From a Joshua Bell Violin to audio plugins, a Bodhran drum, and even CBD—it sounds like you're gearing up for some serious creative endeavors. Your new DAW build is especially impressive, and it's exciting to hear about your plans to learn Solidworks for 3D printing.

10 hours ago, Bridget Murphy said:

From a Joshua Bell Violin to audio plugins, a Bodhran drum, and even CBD—it sounds like you're gearing up for some serious creative endeavors. Your new DAW build is especially impressive, and it's exciting to hear about your plans to learn Solidworks for 3D printing.

Thanks Bridget! You nailed it right on the head - I'm trying to position myself to be in a state of creativity as much as possible. Specifically, how to be in a flow state in creativity. :)

• Like 1

I didn't go crazy over black friday like I generally do. I'm not bapu in plugin count but I know I'm close. Anything I wanted I pretty much have and anything else I didn't really need. I was waiting for Fabfilter Pro Q 4.

I updated my Melodyne and bought Arturia Pigments ti add to my V collection. I am using a fully functional but going obsolete computer, also thinking about maybe a Mac lappy in the future, so tossing that all aound. I'll prolly still build another PC, but one of my buds is mac and I might like to work with him possibly. 

I bought a Universal Audio 4/76 and picked up an Alvarez on discount at my local Guitar Center. Not quite Yairi but some of that DNA , while Chinese, my Martin X had a bag in the sound hole that you have to put a 9 volt battery in. What was Martin thinking? So the Alvarez is perfect as it has the smaller body, has decent electronics and the battery can be changed outside the guitar, also has a tuner. I love it. Action is slightly high but it builds my calluses.

I haven't had the time to download the EZD3 I just upgraded to. I have a friend who, no joke, uses Digital Performer and upgraded Garage band  and has made numerous CDs and has them out there. His mixes are stellar. Also uses GB to make accompaniment tracks and has NEVER bought another plug in. He has taught me a lesson in minimalism. I just never follow it if I come here :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:47 PM, Tim Smith said:

I didn't go crazy over black friday like I generally do. I'm not bapu in plugin count but I know I'm close. Anything I wanted I pretty much have and anything else I didn't really need. I was waiting for Fabfilter Pro Q 4.

I updated my Melodyne and bought Arturia Pigments ti add to my V collection. I am using a fully functional but going obsolete computer, also thinking about maybe a Mac lappy in the future, so tossing that all aound. I'll prolly still build another PC, but one of my buds is mac and I might like to work with him possibly. 

I bought a Universal Audio 4/76 and picked up an Alvarez on discount at my local Guitar Center. Not quite Yairi but some of that DNA , while Chinese, my Martin X had a bag in the sound hole that you have to put a 9 volt battery in. What was Martin thinking? So the Alvarez is perfect as it has the smaller body, has decent electronics and the battery can be changed outside the guitar, also has a tuner. I love it. Action is slightly high but it builds my calluses.

I haven't had the time to download the EZD3 I just upgraded to. I have a friend who, no joke, uses Digital Performer and upgraded Garage band  and has made numerous CDs and has them out there. His mixes are stellar. Also uses GB to make accompaniment tracks and has NEVER bought another plug in. He has taught me a lesson in minimalism. I just never follow it if I come here :)

It sounds like you made some thoughtful purchases during the sales period and are considering future upgrades to your setup. 

8 hours ago, Bridget Murphy said:

It sounds like you made some thoughtful purchases during the sales period and are considering future upgrades to your setup. 

I am pretty indecisive at the moment on when to upgrade the computer. I am a long way off looking at this I suppose.

On 11/29/2023 at 3:14 AM, Carl Ewing said:

This [latency] wasn't a problem on my mobile system, which was odd, as it has a fraction of the resources but had no latency issues at all.

This illustrates the main benefit of systems like Dell and HP: components are built to be compatible with each other.

It also illustrates that latency issues these days often don't come down to horsepower, but rather system tuning.

IMO/E, horsepower buys me the ability to run more plug-ins and more CPU-hungry plug-ins.

This is speaking as someone who never ever buys new. My systems are made of hand-me-downs and Craig's List/eBay parts. Retired corporate Dells. AAA gamers' castoffs.

My newest main DAW/NLE system (specs in sig) was built from 5 year old components. Can handle anything I throw at it, games at ultra resolution, as many plug-ins as I want.

YMMV.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:43 PM, Starship Krupa said:

This illustrates the main benefit of systems like Dell and HP: components are built to be compatible with each other.

It also illustrates that latency issues these days often don't come down to horsepower, but rather system tuning.

IMO/E, horsepower buys me the ability to run more plug-ins and more CPU-hungry plug-ins.

This is speaking as someone who never ever buys new. My systems are made of hand-me-downs and Craig's List/eBay parts. Retired corporate Dells. AAA gamers' castoffs.

My newest main DAW/NLE system (specs in sig) was built from 5 year old components. Can handle anything I throw at it, games at ultra resolution, as many plug-ins as I want.

YMMV.

Yep the more CPU and memory you have the more plug ins you can run.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:30 PM, fitzroy said:

I tried hard to keep it under control:

- Melda's MTremoloMB and MSoundFactory LE (based on opinions here and elsewhere, though I kind of have my doubts about this one, especially if I won't be able to use the drum samples with it; I hope I'm wrong)

- Liquidsonics Reverberate 3 (I demo-ed Tai Chi and love it, but just can't afford it right now, as I'd like the full version)  

- Tonex SE (long time coming) and a $3 so-so tone pack

- One of the 8dio Soundpaint saxophones 

Still to come:

- grudgingly, but I think I'll get an Ilok key; my old OS drive died and it's a hassle to recover some of the licenses (cough, Exponential Audio <- first and foremost, Air Music, Sonivox)

- I should have waited with one of the JRR purchases to pick up the Inspirata Lite freebie, which I want; hopefully I'll find something cheap but useful to get it

- same as above for Pluginboutique, as I want the Dawesome Love 

It seems like you've put a lot of thought into your plugin choices and are carefully considering your options. Overall, it seems like you're making thoughtful choices to expand your plugin collection while being mindful of your budget.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:29 AM, smallstonefan said:

Thanks Bridget! You nailed it right on the head - I'm trying to position myself to be in a state of creativity as much as possible. Specifically, how to be in a flow state in creativity. :)

Well good luck and I hope you reach your creative state.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...