Waves Mercury 48 hr Flash Deal

cclarry

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Considerably cheaper...

Thanks!

do you plan to buy it?

i think I might get similar price. I have Horizon and some other plugins and got similar direct quote from waves.

UAD or this? What would be better? I can afford only one. Right now I got no plugin from UAD!

last time I had decided not to buy from waves anymore but this is getting tempting!

38 minutes ago, smde said:

Thanks!

do you plan to buy it?

i think I might get similar price. I have Horizon and some other plugins and got similar direct quote from waves.

UAD or this? What would be better? I can afford only one. Right now I got no plugin from UAD!

last time I had decided not to buy from waves anymore but this is getting tempting!

Mercury gets you all new releases in the next year...

Downside...it will be $240 for WUP...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, smde said:

Thanks!

do you plan to buy it?

UAD any day of the week over Waves.

Waves do have some great plugins, but UA for the equivalents are on par, or better in most cases, but no WUP and I'd say overall a better company, albeit plenty of people have been unhappy with them recently too!

There are some tools Waves has that UA doesn't have natively yet, but nothing really unique, or exceptional that you can't get elsewhere.

Waves offers do get tempting at times though.. I get it.. be strong! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Mercury gets you all new releases in the next year...

Downside...it will be $240 for WUP...

Given their last shifting of the goalpost with trying to go subscription only, I'm starting to question whether it's safe even banking on the $240 cap being safe anymore...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Given their last shifting of the goalpost with trying to go subscription only, I'm starting to question whether it's safe even banking on the $240 cap being safe anymore...

That's another STRONG deterrent....along with WUP

• Like 4

If it wasn't for WUP I'd jump on Mercury, but I just bought UAD Signature, and that
should be sufficient for now...it's been my only BF purchase (so far....LOL) and I'm
leaning towards Komplete Standard Upgrade from Kontakt as my next purchase,
but even that if iffy...I may just opt for the upgrade to Kontakt 7

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cclarry said:

That's another STRONG deterrent....along with WUP

If you upgrade I think you should turn you Deals badge in,

Another knock against Waves is if you do an upgrade it nulls the previous license.   I know that's the point of upgrades but with so many developers they still let yu use the previous license on another system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

If it wasn't for WUP I'd jump on Mercury, but I just bought UAD Signature, and that
should be sufficient for now...it's been my only BF purchase (so far....LOL) and I'm
leaning towards Komplete Standard Upgrade from Kontakt as my next purchase,
but even that if iffy...I may just opt for the upgrade to Kontakt 7

You already have a ton of effect plugins even just from UAD Signature. Komplete has a lot more diverse stuff if you want that. For me, I own KUCE 15, and I think that any Komplete edition is by far the best bang for buck bundle. Ton of quality stuff at a great price.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1