NEW SOUNDS: Musio presents Taylor Davis Solo Violin and Keyboard in Blue

cclarry

We have some soulful new additions to Musio's infinite instrument catalog by Cinesamples—over 1,500 strong and counting.

Keyboard in Blue

A handmade electro-mechanical piano for classic, vintage tone

Taylor Davis Solo Violin

A deeply nuanced collection performed by an accomplished soloist

Try Musio free to play with the new instruments and free your inner creator.

https://portal.musio.com/signup

• Like 2

I'm on my phone and I couldn't get the audio files to play. But the description for Keyboard in Blue sounds irresistible to me. I must hear it ASAP! Piano in Blue is an amazing sounding piano library to my ears. The fact that they referenced that in the name --- my expectations are through the roof. This could be a let down. What do those of you who've heard the demos think? Im getting a coffee and will check it out in several minutes.

Edited by PavlovsCat

6 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm on my phone and I couldn't get the audio files to play on my phone, but the description for Keyboard in Blue sounds irresistible to me. I must hear that.  Piano in Blue is an amazing sounding piano library to my ears. The fact that they referenced that in the name --- my expectations are through the roof. This could be a let down. What do those of you who've heard the demos think? Im getting a coffee and will check it out in several minutes.

I haven't grabbed any of the pianos (I have way too many, and was set on never installing another one unless it was Keyscape or Ravenscroft), but I don't like any of my upright libraries. Anyone recommend any of the Musio pianos? I have not heard much about any of them.

EDIT: I guess I could spend a half hour downloading them all. So lazy.

Edited by Carl Ewing

Update, it sounds very nice, not amazing or even treated in any way that gives me that Piano in Blue vibe, which is what I was expecting. It's tone/sound reminds me of Fracture Sounds Blueprint Electric Keys -- which is free and incredible, IMO, everyone should pick it up (and no, I don't know the developer and never actually purchased anything from them yet, but they're definitely on my watch list after picking up two excellent free KONTAKT libraries)  -- but Electric Keys sounds far better to my ears.

I just had a play with Keyboard in Blue. Its a bit of a one trick pony compared to a lot of Kontakt EPs,  but because the amp has be sampled rather simulated which makes a very natural, nice tone.  Its very responsive with good dynamics.  I probably would not have purchased it but I am very happy to have it in the Musio subscription.

If there is a Kontakt version it may be more versatile, I can't say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

Keyboard in Blue is not on the same level as Piano in Blue. That one’s pretty unique, as it’s the grand played on Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue and Glenn Gould’s second Goldberg Variations. 

Piano in Blue is magic to my ears. I hear the demos and think, how the F did they get it so close to that Kind of Blue vibe. No doubt, there's a ton of nostalgia to that sound for a lot of us. Keyboard in Blue didn't really have any of that kind of vibe to my ears. I thought it might have the same tape, preamp and effects sound to it. It really doesn't come across in the demos. It sounds very nice, but not fitting of the "In Blue" branding.  

Edited by PavlovsCat