November is Toontrack Metal Month!

cclarry

Man, I'm dying for a flash sale from Toontrack,  but I don't do metal. I do love their libraries. Easily my favorite acoustic drum libraries and once you get into the SD3 ecosystem,  it's hard to buy other formats.  I own a bunch of AD2 stuff and I much prefer the way XLN treats their customers (thinking of how Toontrack only offered an upgrade for SD2 users for a limited time), but Toontrack's plugun and libraries are really head and shoulders above their competition,  IMO. Granted I'd love to see AD3 or BD4 come and take things to the next level,  but as for now, Superior Drummer lives up to its name. Although it's name does sound a bit cocky. ;)

Edited by PavlovsCat

that's a lot of toms on origin 33!

in the spirit of metal month, using the dark arts (view page source) to see what the future holds, metal month may have:

progressive drum midi
industrial EZX
industrial EKX
future is more cloudy on one, possibly ezkeys midi
ezmix expansion

Edited by mister_tea

5 hours ago, mister_tea said:

that's a lot of toms on origin 33!

in the spirit of metal month, using the dark arts (view page source) to see what the future holds, metal month may have:

progressive drum midi
industrial EZX
industrial EKX
future is more cloudy on one, possibly ezkeys midi
ezmix expansion

I have serials at the ready for each and every one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly on topic: I watched a YouTube video where someone lamented that the basses in EZbass are only partially sampled, meaning that if you play the same note on different strings it plays the same sample. Is this something that has been fixed in the expansions or do they suffer from the same limitation?

@Bapu, you probably know the answer to this, right?

1 hour ago, Clint Martin said:

I’m waiting for signature 1 and 2 to go on sale.

You might wait a long time. A number of the latest EZX aren't included in the November sale and some are almost two years old. I would try and get an EZX 3-pack on sale if possible during Black Friday. Maybe on Thomann. That's what I'm hoping for.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1