BFD Black Friday Sale

cclarry

On 11/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, cclarry said:

You can get BFD 3 for $44 at Thomann

https://www.thomannmusic.com/fxpansion_bfd_3_download.htm

That is such a Larry post, I always wait a little bit before buying in case Larry has a second post. Nobody can beat Larry's ability to find a great deal... except for Larry, of course. The 🐐

[EDIT: It just hit me that GOAT 🐐  may not translate easily.  It stands for Greatest Of All Time. ]

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

@smallstonefan  long time BFD user. updates to BFD3 have been minor at best. any significant changes, improvements, rumours of a BFD4, etc have been very slow in coming. the only thing they've spent time on (apparently) is releasing a free player. 

-if- everything is working fine for you as is, i would -not- recommend the downgrade to the current InMusic version. the two biggest issues imo are:

1) the InMusic DRM -requires- online re-authorization every 90 days or less. it's improved since the initial rollout, but still less than perfect. if you have reliable 24/7 online access, it's not that big of a deal to reauthorize, -unless- the InMusic servers are acting up. If you do any sort of remote/location/live work, forget it.

2) Once you make the switch. -all- of your prior investment in expansions gets hijacked by the new InMusic DRM. you no longer own it per the original license and it is now only as good as InMusic's capability to support it. they seem to be living down to their reputation...

fwiw, i keep a dedicated rack mount server to run everything purchased & installed prior to InMusic. they are still the best sounding (by far) for my needs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2