AudioDeluxe 13th Anniversary Sale

Kiloteq

Unfortunately, we have received the following notice ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long delay on your order.

The promotion for TAL Software was agreed upon between the US Distributor and TAL Software. We ran the promotion as provided to us many weeks ago.

This was not a pricing mistake by us and in line with the many promotions we are running during our Anniversary sale.

We were informed today by the US Distributor that a dispute arose between them and TAL Software and they would not be supplying any more licenses for any outstanding orders and have ended the promotion.

A full refund has been issued for your Order xxxxx

Edited by Jesse Bruce
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, Jesse Bruce said:

Unfortunately, we have received the following notice ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long delay on your order.

The promotion for TAL Software was agreed upon between the US Distributor and TAL Software. We ran the promotion as provided to us many weeks ago.

This was not a pricing mistake by us and in line with the many promotions we are running during our Anniversary sale.

We were informed today by the US Distributor that a dispute arose between them and TAL Software and they would not be supplying any more licenses for any outstanding orders and have ended the promotion.

A full refund has been issued for your Order xxxxx

I have not received this notice yet...is there still hope? I doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Kiloteq said:

It must have far exceeded TAL's original expectations.
It is unfortunate, but I will keep in mind that these things happen and move on.

Yeah, you win some.. you lose some. Life goes on. I didn't get this as I need another Jupiter VI about as much as I need another hole in my head.

I see the peeps complaining over at GS. get over it. it was a price error on a piece of software. who cares. if you needed it that much.. wait for a another sale to come up. I am still kickin my self for not picking up the Eventide and Boz stuff from last years AD anni sale. I moved on. Money saved as I didn't really need those anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiloteq said:

It must have far exceeded TAL's original expectations.
It is unfortunate, but I will keep in mind that these things happen and move on.

It was a pricing mistake unfortunately, so not what they expected at all.. hopefully lots of good exposure for them though from people that may not have been familiar with them otherwise though 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Yeah, you win some.. you lose some. Life goes on. I didn't get this as I need another Jupiter VI about as much as I need another hole in my head.

I see the peeps complaining over at GS. get over it. it was a price error on a piece of software. who cares. if you needed it that much.. wait for a another sale to come up. I am still kickin my self for not picking up the Eventide and Boz stuff from last years AD anni sale. I moved on. Money saved as I didn't really need those anyways.

I've accepted it and moved on but...it wasn't a pricing error. AD confirmed that. It was a dispute between the distributor and TAL for whatever reason.

"This was not a pricing mistake by us and in line with the many promotions we are running during our Anniversary sale.

We were informed today by the US Distributor that a dispute arose between them and TAL Software and they would not be supplying any more licenses for any outstanding orders and have ended the promotion."

Edited by MrFigg

5 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I've accepted it and moved on but...it wasn't a pricing error. AD confirmed that. It was a dispute between the distributor and TAL for whatever reason.

"This was not a pricing mistake by us and in line with the many promotions we are running during our Anniversary sale.

We were informed today by the US Distributor that a dispute arose between them and TAL Software and they would not be supplying any more licenses for any outstanding orders and have ended the promotion."

That is also somewhat right, but not the full story from my understanding.

TAL never meant the price to be 13% of the original, more so 13% off as a discount. It was indeed a pricing mistake, but on TAL's side, not AD's.

12 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

It was a pricing mistake unfortunately, so not what they expected at all.. hopefully lots of good exposure for them though from people that may not have been familiar with them otherwise though 🙂

I agree, this is the first time I've looked closely at TAL so I hope the marketing made sense.🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Unfortunately I would say not and the deal isn't coming back...

Well, I received my refund notification today. Not surprised. What does sting a little bit, is I lost money on the deal because of the exchange rate. Granted, it was only $.63 CAD but still! Just glad it was not a large purchase. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

That is also somewhat right, but not the full story from my understanding.

TAL never meant the price to be 13% of the original, more so 13% off as a discount. It was indeed a pricing mistake, but on TAL's side, not AD's.

Just wondered...are you basing that on the theoretical conversation Audioschmaudio posted earlier in this thread? Directly after you posted something about people eventually getting their codes.

Edited by MrFigg

33 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Just wondered...are you basing that on the theoretical conversation Audioschmaudio posted earlier in this thread? Directly after you posted something about people eventually getting their codes.

Not sure whether MusicMan saw the below (on Reddit, originally from a user on KVR sharing an email from Patrick at TAL), but it corresponds with what he suggested (see "Edit 2" in the first post):

2 hours ago, Zolton said:

Not sure whether MusicMan saw the below (on Reddit, originally from a user on KVR sharing an email from Patrick at TAL), but it corresponds with what he suggested (see "Edit 2" in the first post):

Aaa. Thanks. That clears it up. Appreciated.

14 hours ago, MrFigg said:

14 hours ago, Zolton said:

I hadn't seen that one, but that is pretty much what I got from Patrick at TAL too.

This is one of the few pricing mistakes I don't feel as great about. Often it's more giant companies with overinflated prices, whereas TAL isn't that and their prices are reasonable.

I am really enjoying the synth though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tom said:

Very interested in Sonnox Drum Gate, that looks like a hefty discount, is that a regular discount they do or should I jump on it??

I could get for about $50 in 2021 at everyplugin. I had to wait a long time, 'cos it was rarely on sale and that had been a very special opportunity!

I like it, it is a very great, exceptional plugin!