Smaller and smaller

treesha

I wanted to try an idea to make a song that the chord progression got shorter and shorter over the course of the song and see how that could play with moods and tension, and this is what I made. Took way too long in the hottest summer ever in Arizona with ac noisily blasting day and night and other unpleasantness going on. It started with a riff from AAS Fear and has sounds from Vital, FM8  and quite a few Kontakt instruments – ethereal earth, marble, ambient axe witchpig, atom hub cryptar, deep conjuring II, klang cloudharm, and for October some fun Xperiments theramin.  I used MT Power Drums I believe in the end cause I switched a few times, and SI bass. Had fun with sound particles panning and searching through some of my obscure free kontakt instruments, thanks deals forum! Thanks for listening feedback comments always welcome

• Like 3

Your creative process and the way you experimented with chord progressions and various virtual instruments sound fascinating. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into your music, especially considering the challenging conditions in Arizona during the summer. It's always exciting to hear about the tools and techniques artists use to craft their songs. Keep up the great work, and I hope your musical journey continues to be fulfilling and inspiring! 🎵🎶👏

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Verry kool @treesha!

Has a post punk Dupeche Mode / Kraftwerk vibe to it.

Hi OutrageProductions,

Thanks for listening and your feedback. Thats quite a mashup! Its always interesting to get feedback and always unexpected. I do like all those so they are in my head and taste somewhere! Thanks again

12 hours ago, Jack Willliam said:

Your creative process and the way you experimented with chord progressions and various virtual instruments sound fascinating. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into your music, especially considering the challenging conditions in Arizona during the summer. It's always exciting to hear about the tools and techniques artists use to craft their songs. Keep up the great work, and I hope your musical journey continues to be fulfilling and inspiring! 🎵🎶👏

Hi Jack,

Thank you for listening  and your comment. I'm glad to know you enjoy hearing about tools and techniques, I do too when others post details about making their songs. I never thought about the concept of the effort I put into making music, interesting reflection there for me, yes there is effort. My thinking about it is it's fun, learn something new, experiment and express something about life or my life but it is very central to me as a person so I always go to it.  And it is fulfilling and inspiring for sure. I appreciate your kind words and good wishes, thank you !

Edited by treesha
hit post too soon oops
  • Like 1

Excellent from both creative  and engineering perspectives. I think this is the best mix you've done so far. All instruments sound clear and really well balanced (maybe bring the bass up a dB or so). Sophisticated changes, relentless pacing, quick rhythmic shifts, stabbing melodies are all excellent elements to create the mood shifts and tension you mentioned. This must have been a huge job to mix but the results sound great. Reminds me of some of the Bowie/Eno tracks from Low and "Heroes" but with a harder edge🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Excellent from both creative  and engineering perspectives. I think this is the best mix you've done so far. All instruments sound clear and really well balanced (maybe bring the bass up a dB or so). Sophisticated changes, relentless pacing, quick rhythmic shifts, stabbing melodies are all excellent elements to create the mood shifts and tension you mentioned. This must have been a huge job to mix but the results sound great. Reminds me of some of the Bowie/Eno tracks from Low and "Heroes" but with a harder edge🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hi Larry, 

thank you for listening and your very positive feedback! I think I am learning to make choices as I go along that will contribute to a better mix in the end. I appreciate your descriptions of what I did and your impressions because they inform me about myself which is enlightening! Bowie/Eno part of my past, saw both in Phillie, funny how the past emerges in the present. Working on one with lyrics now, hope I can do as well! Thank you very much

Hi Treesha, very cool and creative composition, well conceived and performed! Nice production work overall, great sound selection, good balance and use of panning effects. Happy vibe, cool chord changes, and like the synth leads and flourishes thru out. Great work!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

Hi Treesha, very cool and creative composition, well conceived and performed! Nice production work overall, great sound selection, good balance and use of panning effects. Happy vibe, cool chord changes, and like the synth leads and flourishes thru out. Great work!

Hi Ross, thank you very much for listening and your comment. I appreciate that you pointed out the things you like about my song and my efforts! Glad you noticed the panning, i had fun with that. I did take a lot of time picking out the sounds! If you think its great I gratefully appreciate you letting me know. Positive feedback is so encouraging. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 11:28 PM, Larry T. said:

He took the words right from my mouth!  This makes me look forward to your next song!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

He took the words right from my mouth!  This makes me look forward to your next song!

Hi Lynn, thanks for listening and your positive feedback! Hoping my next song doesn’t take as long! Its one I sing on so likely not as complex but hopefully equally enjoyable. Thanks again

6 hours ago, Makke said:

Pleasant instrumental tune and chord progression with hectic rhythm. Nice mood and sounds.

Hi Makke, thank you for listening and your interesting comment. I appreciate your feedback describing the rhythm as hectic, gives me a new way to think about it. I like the combination of your description including things that might not normally go together like hectic and pleasant and nice mood and I think you got it right. I hadn’t realized this aspect of the song and appreciate your observations! The months I worked on it were very difficult and I had fun making the song and it seems both are in there ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Treesha

Cool track - loved the instrumentation

and the mix is excellent, one of, if not your best

Excellent

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

thanks for listening and your very positive comment, I appreciate both ! Maybe I should take 3+ months for all my songs ha...

14 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Loved it - what a cool idea - I am glad you gave some background so I could enjoy how it developed while listening.  Very well crafted - I loved hoe the ending section was done.

Hi Steve, thank you for listening and your feedback. I enjoy knowing about the background of posted songs so I usually say a bit about my songs, nice to know you appreciated it and that it enhanced your listening. Cool indeed! Glad you loved it. I'm going to refrain from making any hoe jokes 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treesha said:

Hi Steve, thank you for listening and your feedback. I enjoy knowing about the background of posted songs so I usually say a bit about my songs, nice to know you appreciated it and that it enhanced your listening. Cool indeed! Glad you loved it. I'm going to refrain from making any hoe jokes 😁

The good sisters would approve of your restraint! 😄

• Haha 1