CD Burning

Bristol_Jonesey

Hi all

Is anyone still burning CD's?

The reason I ask is that up until now, I've always used CD architect but it's become really flakey running on Win 10 and I would like a suitable alternative

Something that will let me import an entire album, insert track markers and assign track names, album name, production credits etc

As ever, the internet can be a complete lottery with many hits leading to dodgy sites and other dubious links

Free or paid, makes no difference to me, but hopefully anything that comes with a price should provide suitable after sales service

Thanks

I still do but I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. It may lead you on the right path though.

I export an ISO image with Studio One which includes CD Text and all that good stuff, then use IMG Burn to make the disc.

I always do it at the slowest speed possible even though with technology now I can do it fast as lightning. 

IMGburn is rife with viruses if you get it from anywhere but the official IMG site. Be careful.

Edited by Shane_B.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I still do but I'm not sure this is what you are looking for. It may lead you on the right path though.

I export an ISO image with Studio One which includes CD Text and all that good stuff, then use IMG Burn to make the disc.

I always do it at the slowest speed possible even though with technology now I can do it fast as lightning. 

IMGburn is rife with viruses if you get it from anywhere but the official IMG site. Be careful.

Do you do this in Project mode of Studio One, Shane?  I have just begun to dabble in Project since upgrading to V6 and it seems to lend itself to importing an entire album to work on.  I have yet to even figure out 95% of its capabilities.  Seems like it is set up to Master and prep entire album to be burned to a CD.  

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi

I still burn CD's and I still use CD architect - nearly every day

I have windows 10 on my new i9 Computer

There was an update to CD architect about 3 or 4 years ago - did you get that?

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel. No, I never saw that, but if it's at all possible to get CDA working then I'd rather do that.

Thanks!

Well after jumping through many hoops, I've got an updated version of CDA installed on my laptop. This was done via the Sony & Magix websites, after digging through decade old emails to find my serial number.

I can't test it because there's no CD burner on the laptop

Next step is - can I replicate this "success" on my studio machine

Stay tuned 😃

2 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

Do you do this in Project mode of Studio One, Shane?  I have just begun to dabble in Project since upgrading to V6 and it seems to lend itself to importing an entire album to work on.  I have yet to even figure out 95% of its capabilities.  Seems like it is set up to Master and prep entire album to be burned to a CD.  

Yep, it's in Project Mode. I just import all my master wav files and name them on each track then you choose what gets written as CD Text. They show up as tracks like in Song mode but it only accepts 1 wav per track.

You can edit each track with VSTs,, adjust volume, wverything like in Song mode except tou can only work with a single wav file per track.

If you have a powerful enough PC you can open all the original Song projects and Export a master to Project mode. That way if you have an edit to make to an instrument or vocal you can. As soon as you save the Song file it auto updates the Project file.