The One that got away...

Rain

This year I let a few things go .  A  super rare 50 watt 2 X12 Marshal combo , a Vintage Modified Jaguar  , a Washburn J-4 ( Howard Roberts Inspired Jazz Box ), and a smoking hot Dearmond MT 75 T, 

Every thing I just listed I had for more than 10 to 15 years plus w the exception of the Jaguar ....

The Marshal I had since 1986...so yeah I can feel the OP 's pain ,

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

In late 1973 I was working in a small, boutique music store in my local mall when a guy brought in a 1958 Les Paul Gold Top with P-90s, and I immediately put a downstroke on it so that it wouldn't be resold. It took me a while (at minimum wage at the time) to pay it off before the boss would let me take it home. The lacquer was slightly alligatored around the pickup switch and on the face of the headstock, but otherwise was near mint.

In 1984, in Chicago, I was low on rent money and was trying to save up for my wedding, so I had to let it go for $1600, about 3x what I paid. Also sold my 1978 Gibson EDS-1275 Double Neck in cherry at the same time for $600. FOOL!

In 1998 I was doing a gig at A&M Studios in LA and on some down time went over to the Guitar Center flagship on Sunset for some small stuff, and guess what I saw hanging on the top rack... my LP! I had them pull it down and recognized the serial number and the finish, somewhat worse for wear.

List price was $24,995. 
I just about sh*t my pants.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Sad 1

When we lived in Germany, we had a Farfisa keyboard amplifier we played our guitars through. It had an 18" speaker (maybe 15"?) and it was LOUD!
When we rotated stateside, me, Mike and Mom packed our clothes and came home, leaving Dad to take care of everything else.
Somehow, the amp never made it to the states. And I remember all the times I heard Dad, "turn that *** **** thing down!"

Edited by 57Gregy
clumsy fingers.
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 7:50 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

This year I let a few things go .  A  super rare 50 watt 2 X12 Marshal combo , a Vintage Modified Jaguar  , a Washburn J-4 ( Howard Roberts Inspired Jazz Box ), and a smoking hot Dearmond MT 75 T, 

Every thing I just listed I had for more than 10 to 15 years plus w the exception of the Jaguar ....

The Marshal I had since 1986...so yeah I can feel the OP 's pain ,

all the best ,

Kenny

been looking for combo like yours (hoping for a 1982 model 4104, 50w 2x12)

just wondering if these things sound ok on normal-volume,

or you need to crank it ? (for the speakers to sound good)

Edited by Sheens

14 hours ago, Sheens said:

been looking for combo like yours (hoping for a 1982 model 4104, 50w 2x12)

just wondering if these things sound ok on normal-volume,

or you need to crank it ? (for the speakers to sound good)

I don't miss my Old  Marshall ,  I can get by when I play out using a 1966 Fender Vibrolux Reverb or a Rivera Fender Super Champ  !

BTW ,  Normal volume on a Marshall is 10 🤣

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I don't miss my Old  Marshall ,  I can get by when I play out using a 1966 Fender Vibrolux Reverb or a Rivera Fender Super Champ  !

BTW ,  Normal volume on a Marshall is 10 🤣

Kenny

My Marshall head (pictured in that other thread Rain alluded to) was actually a 1979 JMP that I had modded by Mike Soldano to have a complete pre-amp circuit so, like my X88R (pictured below), it went to 11! 😁

Soldano-X88R-1.jpg

• Like 1