Melodyne Problem *** SOLVED

Bristol_Jonesey

Hi all

I've decided to install Meolodyne 4 on my laptop

I've downloaded and installed it, run the stand alone player and activated it. The standalone player runs ok.

I Rescanned the paths in plugin manager but it's not showing up in Region Fx. All I see is Drum Replacer & VocalSync. I can see it scanning the Melodyne dll but no joy.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Edited by Bristol_Jonesey

Highly recommend the upgrade if you use Melodyne a lot. Like Cakewalk they have really come a long way with improvements. But sign up for e mail and check for specials.
I upgraded from 4 to 5 Assistant for $100. Then next sale I upgraded to studio for another $100. So total investment over last 6 or more years $250.  Full price for Studio is $400. 

It sure would be nice if Cakewalk followed a similar pricing and activation policy as Celemony does. 

Cakewalk and Melodyne make fore a very powerful combo especially for singers and guitar players. I love the way I can go in and remove a low E that droned when you play a D cord. My guitar chops are on the decline as arthritis slowly sets in so I need all the help I can get. 

43 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

I'm thinking I might have to upgrade to 5, but does it work inside Windows 10 & 11?

Their website says:

Windows
Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended),
Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11, ASIO-compatible audio hardware.

You might want to hang on until Black Friday for a deal

• Like 1

Email from Celemony support confirms

"The problem is the CPU of your new system, as the code structure of Melodyne 4 is not optimized for Intel's new arising 11th and later CPU generation (Melodyne 4 has been discontinued for nearly three years now). Please take a look at our FAQ to get additional information: https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/faqs/?qOpen=299

You will need to update to Melodyne 5 as Melodyne 5 got a complete new code overhaul and is also prepared for the new CPU generations arising."

• Thanks 1