PA Kirchhoff-EQ ⚡️ 48h Flash Sale

cclarry

6 minutes ago, El Diablo New Account said:

Everyone swears by this EQ, but I've got more EQs than I need.  And this plugin is always asked by users whom day they'll wait for a sale, but I'm not sure if this is a really good sale price or not?

$14.99 or bust

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

So, as of right now, it's not a good price?

Plugin Alliance is almost like Waves. The "standard" price is 29.99, which is acceptable if you really want something straight away.

If you can get a $75 off voucher, you could get this for 25 buckaroonies which is good for a new-ish plugin.

But if you can get a thing below 25 or 20 then it starts to become a real deal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kirean said:

Plugin Alliance is almost like Waves. The "standard" price is 29.99, which is acceptable if you really want something straight away.

If you can get a $75 off voucher, you could get this for 25 buckaroonies which is good for a new-ish plugin.

But if you can get a thing below 25 or 20 then it starts to become a real deal.

$25 for this one would be a steal.

They haven't dropped it below $100 yet - so with a $75 voucher is the best you can get so far after many months on the market.   The $75 voucher also takes an insane amount of consistent spend to get to that tier and goes away quickly if you don't keep it up .  Outside of a generous gift (or buying the voucher at a discount) this one isn't exactly cheap to get.

Anything below forever $29 should be an instant buy for anyone that doesn't have it yet (and doesn't have FabFilter).  

I'm expecting they will treat this one like they did with the Amek 9099 where it won't hit below 99 (pre voucher) for almost a year.

• Like 2

Unless I hit the magic convergence of getting a $75 voucher while $99 sale is on, or they do the $29 sale, this EQ is never happening for me. I do think it is a great EQ and neck and neck with FF Pro, I can't justify spending that much when I already have:

Stock EQ from several DAWS

MAutodynamic EQ

The eqs from Waves Platinum

Hornet Total EQ

The EQs from Izotope bundle ( neutron, nectar amd ozone modules are all good)

SplitEQ

The EQs from IK's total bundle

And more I am certainly forgetting in addition to all the channel strip eqs

Even reading this list makes me wonder if even $29 justifies it. The last EQ that did something radically different than others for me  was Split EQ

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Unless I hit the magic convergence of getting a $75 voucher while $99 sale is on, or they do the $29 sale, this EQ is never happening for me. I do think it is a great EQ and neck and neck with FF Pro, I can't justify spending that much when I already have:

MAutodynamic EQ

Hornet Total EQ

SplitEQ

Even reading this list makes me wonder if even $29 justifies it. The last EQ that did something radically different than others for me  was Split EQ

I personally don't know anyone using Kirchhoff-EQ, but a couple of my audio expert friends did tell me they're impressed by it and tell me they've heard good things from people who use it. But an EQ that interests me -- and I don't really have the expertise to assess EQs decently, I still am just learning this stuff -- is Toneboosters Equalizer 4. Especially because of its AI functionality to assess audio and videos I've watched of how it works.  I just downloaded the demo to check it out this weekend, but I'd love to hear from anyone in the forum who knows this stuff well and either has this EQ or has demoed it and has an informed opinion on it. 

Below is a video from an influencer on EQ4 that I found interesting. I'm guessing the guy didn't get a kickback for it and, also, that the developer isn't paying influencers. Consequently, he's not getting much attention from influencers. But it's €29 - and it's gone on sale, for I think,   €19 in the past -- and has a demo available. 

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

MAutodynamic EQ

Hornet Total EQ

SplitEQ

I actually use Hornet Total EQ for many of my songs.  It's my go to EQ, it even does dynamic EQing, but I do go for Waves Audio F6 if I want dynamic EQ for complex precision dynamic EQing.

It's like, you don't need to pay expensive money towards most plugins add you can always find alternative ways to do the same thing.

FUSER (although heard fixed my issue) wasn't working for me, I used InPhase for phase issues. Expose found the phase issues, when InPhase said everything was okay, I then used PAZ Analyser to help me narrow it down, then used Vitamin's stereo control to remove the phase issues of the frequencies causing the issue by making those frequencies mono!  I'm not sure if I could fix them other ways?  Ideas?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I personally don't know anyone using Kirchhoff-EQ, but a couple of my audio expert friends did tell me they're impressed by it and tell me they've heard good things from people who use it. But an EQ that interests me -- and I don't really have the expertise to assess EQs decently, I still am just learning this stuff -- is Toneboosters Equalizer 4. Especially because of its AI functionality to assess audio and videos I've watched of how it works.  I just downloaded the demo to check it out this weekend, but I'd love to hear from anyone in the forum who knows this stuff well and either has this EQ or has demoed it and has an informed opinion on it. 

Below is a video from an influencer on EQ4 that I found interesting. I'm guessing the guy didn't get a kickback for it and, also, that the developer isn't paying influencers. Consequently, he's not getting much attention from influencers. But it's €29 - and it's gone on sale, for I think,   €19 in the past -- and has a demo available. 

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html

Eq4 has a wonderful interface and I like that aspect more than the Kirchoff one.

Eq4 doesn't sound quite as good if you punch settings to extremes (boosts and cuts) but it is one of my favorites on the market overall.

I've never seen it for $20, and also only tried the AI part for a few minutes but have used it for years.

The older version of Izotope Neutron elements Al's have an AI track assist function that is usable, that was given away many times.

EQ4 I think is the best value out there outside of getting a massive discount on something else, but don't expect it to go on sale.  The normal price used to be 39 but he dropped it to 29 as the market shifted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

Any of those other Toneboosters plugins worth it?

Depends on what else you already have, but yes a number of them are quite good.  Baracade and the Compressor are a couple of staples.

I like Morphit as someone that uses headphones frequently.

MBC is feature rich for the money.

The developer is basically genius level, IMO.

• Like 1