My M Audio monitors died on me yesterday .

kennywtelejazz

I use a JVC Boombox nowadays (and Audio Technica M40X headphone)...around 350 bucks alltogether.

The JVC has a guitar input, line input, CD, USB, Radio etc  remote control

Quite solid, approx 28 inch wide, big heavy thing.

Front speakers are 4 inch, side (bass) speakers are 6 inch.

To me the thing sounds not bad at all..

91-XM-22-XUGL.jpg

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Sheens said:

I use a JVC Boombox nowadays (and Audio Technica M40X headphone)...around 350 bucks alltogether.

The JVC has a guitar input, line input, CD, USB, Radio etc  remote control

Quite solid, approx 28 inch wide, big heavy thing.

Front speakers are 4 inch, side (bass) speakers are 6 inch.

To me the thing sounds not bad at all..

91-XM-22-XUGL.jpg

meme-jpg.1156217

Kenny

• Haha 3

I'm still figuring out what to do over here when it comes to finding a set of monitors . .

I don't dare plug in my amp or play my acoustic guitar since  Apt living has really cramped my style when it comes to my music in general

After years of trying ,  I learned how to read lips.  Now I'm able to watch TV Late at night  and understand what the show is about .🤣

I'll be back to run some brands and specs here once I do a little more research and figure out a budget .

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

for TV late at night, would switch to headphones (if possible)

Audio Technica M40, pleasant, warm/yet open sound, massive bang4buck.

regret selling my Sony MDRXB500 (I am stupid), not the most detailed sound/stage, but the fit/feel wearing them...

most comfortable headphones ever

no longer in production.

sony-mdrxb500.jpg

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sheens said:

for TV late at night, would switch to headphones (if possible)

Audio Technica M40, pleasant, warm/yet open sound, massive bang4buck.

regret selling my Sony MDRXB500 (I am stupid), not the most detailed sound/stage, but the fit/feel wearing them...

most comfortable headphones ever

no longer in production.

sony-mdrxb500.jpg

Holy crap!  It's like someone had the idea to attach two soft pillows for each ear! 😮

Brilliant! 😊

Oh My  ! here we go again   🤣Apparently he is so talented as an accompanist he can make Polar Opposites sound "pretty good" 

(In this case  I'm using  the words pretty good metaphorically )

Madam please don't  call me Roy ! My name is Matthew Quigley !

9ac9943ac9acc6539c78dcc2d948bb7e.jpg&f=1

Talk about an attempt at the impossible sounding good  ..... He may of actually did her a little bit of justice ...if you can call it that

Last but not least ..some fast talking auctioneer cowboys .This one seems like it could be a cool genre in real life . All 3 have killer rhythm  chops .

I didn't forget about getting replacement monitors . In a few weeks when my money frees up  I hope to resume my search .

In the mean time I can use a good laugh .

Can you ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

I still have mine. Studiophile SP-B5. One of the first piece of gear I bought after my M Audio Delta 44 in 2001.  Everything in my little home studio was M Audio - audio interface, MIDI keyboard, preamp, Trigger Finger (drum pad controller), monitors... Everything was solid, except the Trigger Finger - that one never worked properly. I think I still have a little USB audio interface that I used with my portable rig in 2011-12, somewhere in storage.

I was also quite happy to be able to get a native version of Pro Tools after Avid bought M Audio. A huge plus for me.

I tested the Studiophiles for the first time in over a decade last year. They still work fine. The little pop sound they make when powered up brought me right back. I wrote and "mixed" so many songs on these. Only issue I ever had with them was a blown fuse just a few weeks after I bought them. They were rock solid ever afterwards.

They hold lamps and tchotchkes quite well, too.

IMG_5978.thumb.jpg.1d476d8713c7fb2560b6e32f87deafe0.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

Woah ! after hearing E.T. the Walrus ! I wonder if I should  also consider adding a subwoofer xD

E.T.  ain't got much in the looks department so we can forget about spandex and jewelry .Yet he certainly has the right voice for Death Metal 😉

I would love to hear what the other guitar player would play with E.T.  :P

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1