MAAT News :: FiDef JENtwo On Sale

cclarry

12 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

I asked chatgpt to summarize this one for me.. bc of the length of the description. Still not completely sure what it does to the audio signal? Interested if  any pros have verified this one as not snake oil.

As I understand it, it generates noise and quietly layers it with the input audio to make the overall sound 'better'. Looks like there's a demo for you to try it out yourself.

44 minutes ago, antler said:

As I understand it, it generates noise and quietly layers it with the input audio to make the overall sound 'better'. Looks like there's a demo for you to try it out yourself.

Isn't that Dithering?

Edited by mibby

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Isn't that Dithering?

Yes, but this (apparently) does more. The following is quoted from the text on the website:

Think of a common, non–harmonic, sub–audible signal all good engineers use to linearize digital audio; dither. The FiDef system also generates an anharmonic, sub–audible broadband signal. The difference is that FiDef does not modify the music itself in any way but instead is added to the music. Also unlike dither, it is correlated to the source audio. This is not noise for noise’s sake. This is a dynamic, correlated and spectrally shaped signal. The signal, based on FideliQuest research into the human auditory system, is customized to directly stimulate the brain, bypassing cognitive processing. The manifold results include less brain activity required to process incoming stimuli, with a resulting increase in perceived nuance and tactility from music, speech and effects. FiDef informs your brain of the subtle potentials within a recording.