Up to 88% Off Izotope Upgrades and Crossgrades

cclarry

Well, poo. I jumped on a (pretty nice, admittedly) upgrade deal earlier this week direct from iZotope, because I didn't remember the vendor prices matching the best "loyalty" offers.

But Uncle E's price is exactly the same, pre-cart, so I would've saved a few bucks. 

Seems like every time a tempting deal comes up, I get stuck between "click it before it goes away!" and "be patient and some store will have it for less!", and wind up choosing unwisely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zolton said:

Well, poo. I jumped on a (pretty nice, admittedly) upgrade deal earlier this week direct from iZotope, because I didn't remember the vendor prices matching the best "loyalty" offers.

But Uncle E's price is exactly the same, pre-cart, so I would've saved a few bucks. 

Seems like every time a tempting deal comes up, I get stuck between "click it before it goes away!" and "be patient and some store will have it for less!", and wind up choosing unwisely.

You're not alone. The rest of have the same experience, so don't be upset. If there's only a couple of bucks difference, that's not bad. It happens, especially in recent years when developers are starting to do outrageous discounting during sales. I've bought a number of plugins right before sales and some on sale right before they were a better sale. I bought Cube Light for $10 USD a couple of weeks before they gave it away free! And did it again with something else shortly after that. Us regulars are mostly addicted to sales for this stuff. I've been trying to slow down on it and focus more on the freebies and sharing what I know with others instead of buying more. But we're all pretty much in similar boats with regards to what you're posting about. You're not alone and I don't think you've chosen unwisely. Don't kick yourself. You're doing fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've bought a number of plugins right before sales and some on sale right before they were a better sale.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got one of those stories too.

In all of Komplete's discount-sale history, I've only known for upgrades to ever be discounted during NI's Summer of Sound. One year, I received an NI voucher for a fairly small amount - something like $10, but it could have been a bit more generous (I can't remember). I thought "I've always wanted to get Komplete (mostly for Kontakt), and this is going to be the best discount I'll ever get; why not?", and went ahead with the purchase. Then on the next day, and for the first; last; and only time I can remember, NI included first-time purchases of Komplete in their sale alongside the upgrades.

I just accept it as you win some; you lose some...

Edited by antler
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, antler said:

I just accept it as you win some; you lose some...

Yeah, that's definitely my attitude, too. It's a hobby for me (where "it" means "making music" some days, and "collecting shiny plugins" on others), and I set and keep a strict budget on the madness each month. So if I pay a little more than the absolute basement floor for something interesting, it just means sitting out an impulse buy or two later. Or at least until the next sale.

Back to the iZotope topic, maybe it's just me, but I can't log into the iZotope website today. When I try, the auth page forwards to an iZotope-branded login page on the Native Instruments site -- I know they're joined at the subwoofers now, but I think that's the first time I've seen the logins connected.

But neither my (old, now, I guess) iZotope account password nor my NI password work. If I say on that page I forgot my password, I get a link to reset my NI password, which I don't really need, since my NI password works when I go directly to the NI site.

Meanwhile, the iZotope Product Portal works on my computer (though I haven't tried re-logging in fresh), and all the plugins work, including the ones I just installed this week. Anybody else having a similar issue with their account on the website?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, guys. If I'm not the only one, I'll wait it out and see if they de-FUBAR things for others all at once.

Even if not everyone is affected -- pwalpwal, did you get everybody's loyalty offers at once, because you're the only iZotope user allowed to log in now?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Zolton said:

Thanks for the info, guys. If I'm not the only one, I'll wait it out and see if they de-FUBAR things for others all at once.

Even if not everyone is affected -- pwalpwal, did you get everybody's loyalty offers at once, because you're the only iZotope user allowed to log in now?

Not gonna happen.  I'd expect NI to do the same but it aint happening.  I've decided to blow off any Izotope sales.   I give Hornet, Waves, and PA sales far more attention.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Not gonna happen.  I'd expect NI to do the same but it aint happening.  I've decided to blow off any Izotope sales.   I give Hornet, Waves, and PA sales far more attention.

Yeah, I'd normally agree that companies like iZotope (or NI) are going to be really slow with fixing things affecting users. And the bigger they get, the slower they move.

But in this particular case, (some) users can't log into their website. Which means they can't buy anything new, but can still happily use their old plugins in the meantime. So it costs the company potential cash, and doesn't really put the users out much at all.

So I expect this one will be looked into post-haste. If it's enough users to affect the bottom line, they'll probably form a committee to investigate.

2 hours ago, Zolton said:

Back to the iZotope topic, maybe it's just me, but I can't log into the iZotope website today.

I had that happen to me updating the Product Portal. First Captcha hell, then I get an email from NI thanking me for setting up my account(??). Everything was showing with 10 updates available, but I was already bored by that point and blew the updates off. 

It looks like what happened to me was initially the same as others -- NI login info auto-filling into the iZotope/NI login page. Apparently, I was stubborn enough to trigger a "too many failed login attempts" before trying my iZotope password -- a status the website didn't share, but which I saw when I (bravely) logged out of iZotope Product Portal and tried to log back in.

The only recourse was to reset my iZotope password, which I did -- so, fine.

Now, of course, autofill prevents me from logging into the NI site, because despite both companies using the same auth code/page, the passwords are different. I don't especially mind choosing between two passwords, but I'm not sure my browser (Chrome) will automatically store multiple passwords for the same username and site, now that all the login auth is under the NI umbrella.

Not the end of the world. But fairly annoying, for those of us who lean on saved passwords and autocomplete for convenience. If the companies are all going to Frankenstein together under one skin, it'd be nice if they supported a single sign-on as well.

(slightly edited for clarity)

Edited by Zolton