Project SAM Announces 'The Free Orchestra 2" A New Series of Free Sample Libraries That Begin Release Aug 31! (NOW AVAILABLE)

PavlovsCat

Project Sam's person who posts on VI Control just made an announcement that the developer is going to be releasing a new series of free sample libraries that will come out the last Thursday of every month for 12 months beginning tomorrow, August 31, 2023. For anyone who knows this developer, even their freebies are really nice. If you don't already have the totally free "The Free Orchestra 1" -- which works in the free KONTAKT Player -- you should pick it up.  But be sure to check with them tomorrow to get their first library. 

From the developer: 

"The Free Orchestra 2 will be a new library, separate from The Free Orchestra 1. Every last Thursday of the month we will release a new instrument, starting August 31st. (Yes, that's in 1 week)

Every newly released instrument can be downloaded as an update through Native Access. Once all the 12 instruments have been released, The Free Orchestra 2 is complete!"

https://projectsam.com/

Edited by PavlovsCat
I wanted the headline to reflect that the library is now available.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 9

More info here:
https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra-2/instruments

THE FREE ORCHESTRA 2
Instruments

August 2023: Sul Tasto Strings
September 2023: TBA
October 2023: TBA
November 2023: TBA
December 2023: TBA
January 2024: TBA
February 2024: TBA
March 2024: TBA
April 2024: TBA
May 2024: TBA
June 2024: TBA
July 2024: TBA

And they are updating the web page:
https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra-2

Videos:
https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra-2/videos

If you press the button Get Now, you will get The Free Orchestra 1... so... we will have to wait some minutes/hours more :)

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Like 2

• PavlovsCat changed the title to Project SAM Announces 'The Free Orchestra 2" A New Series of Free Sample Libraries That Begin Release Aug 31! (NOW AVAILABLE)

I love all of the freebies that Project Sam puts out, it's really just a blast to play with these libraries.  But with my branding and marketing hat on, I have say that recently announcing "The Free Orchestra Version 2.0" on their website (which is for The Free Orchestra first version) stating that it now features 2 new instruments while they also announced  the upcoming "The Free Orchestra 2" was kind of comically confusing. Excellent developer,  less excellent at naming products and clear communications. 

Fortunately,  today the Project Sam folks removed the big headline for The Free Orchestra (1) version 2.0 update on that library's landing page and added a separate page for the Free Orchestra 2. But I'd suggest there would be significantly less confusion if they simply used one page that quickly conveyed that these are two separate collections of sample libraries.  

So, anyone who saw the site last night and was confused  by it, just think of it this way:  there are two different Free Orchestras, 1 and 2.  The Free Orchestra 1 is apparently on version 2, but let's leave it "has recently been updated with two additional libraries " as they now  present it. :)

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, locrian said:

Yes.  Thanks for asking!  🙂

The 'customer service' on this forum is actaully better than that from most companies I've done business with.

Happy to be part of the customer service  - I know f*ck all about anything complicated to do with Cakewalk! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:39 PM, locrian said:

Yes.  Thanks for asking!  🙂

The 'customer service' on this forum is actaully better than that from most companies I've done business with.

It is people like @JoeGBradford that make me appreciate this forum. While every forum has bad actors (and a few of them really seem to love to hate on me -- in posts and PMs, largely following my making a post asking people not to violate forum policy and make political and posts hostile/intolerant to minority groups as they were doing), there is a relatively small percentage of them in this forum compared to others. Overall, this group has a really friendly and helpful vibe. It's why this is my main music forum and likely why even those who don't use CbB are here. Kudos, Joe! I always enjoy seeing your posts. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1