APD Deal: Everything Bundle by Muze - 98% Off

cclarry

7 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

This is one developer I avoid like the plague. Their offerings are the very definition of bloatware.

I agree with Doug. I've downloaded a few of their premium libraries that were given away and they were all far, far below average quality KONTAKT sample libraries. I recall very large file size sample libraries and finding, for example, a huge file size piano sample library had one or two velocity layers -- and it sounded like a free sound font library from the 90s.  Some posters have stated that this developer has a history of using other developers' samples and has used several different names in the past. I don't know if any of that's true, but I do know that I found their sample libraries to be  unnecessarily bloated, not up to the level I'd expect for a KONTAKT library, to the point it felt like trickery to confuse users that these are detailed sample libraries and they aren't. I would strongly recommend avoiding Muze. They are not a quality developer. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Better go here and start the download party:

Well, those are only freebies. But the pianos I recommend on that list are all far better than anything I've tried from Muse. For anyone tempted by this Muse deal who's on a tight budget,  wait for the next SampleTekk sale and you'll get vastly superior piano sample libraries for cheap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Plus Spitfire Labs for inspiration. 

Yep. There's so many free sample libraries that are good quality.  I've contemplated doing a KONTAKT freebie list, but it's a lot of work to compile and keep a list like that updated and the fact that there aren't sticky posts here makes it of questionable value (it disappears in a week). My objective with the list I made was to be helpful for people on a very tight budget who can't afford KONTAKT.  But personally,  KONTAKT is my go-to sampler. I rarely have a project that doesn't use KONTAKT. 

32 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

If you just compile a list with your top ten, this will be very helpful and a reasonable amount of time. Just saying ... :)

Hey, if you think it will be helpful to you and possibly others, I'll start coming up with a list. Like the other one, I'll invite everyone else to give their takes and make their own lists of recommended freebies. 

11 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

If you just compile a list with your top ten, this will be very helpful and a reasonable amount of time. Just saying ... :)

@ralfrobert Inspired by your request (I've had a number of people asking for me to create a KONTAKT freebie thread like the other one, but your request inspired me to finally do it) I created a thread of my top favorite / recommended free KONTAKT libraries. 

• Like 3