PluginsMonitor [Solved]

Has anyone evaluated or used PluginsMonitorFree? I just received an email add for this product but haven't downloaded it. I've always thought that Cakewalk does a pretty good job of scanning plugins and reporting runtime problems. So I'm not sure adding an active scanner would be worth whatever performance and reliability impacts it might have.

Edited by Bill Phillips

• 1 month later...

Perhaps it's better for you to delete all antivirus programs, all firewalls and finally the operating system - it definitely sends data.

There are traffic monitors that can analyze, WireShark for example, but for you it needs to be analyzed too. Monitor to monitor - that's crazy. 

It's not random, you have to check... But is so hard to check, it's easier just to say something...

To put your mind to work, I'll give you just one keyword: BPB

• Bill Phillips changed the title to PluginsMonitor [Solved]
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Here is still a lack of information. Our plugin can also do the following:

- Detects and properly signals any activity that seems compromising for the security of your DAW
- Can block access by the plugin to files from your PC
- It can block the writing of your files
- Can block access to read and write registry by a certain plugin
- Can block internet access by the plugin
- Make logs that tell you instantly what the plugins are doing

In the YouTube video, we demonstrated the obvious superiority of our security solution in the case of audio plugins through the secure test method.

If you want to know more, go to the product page.

On 10/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, Xoo said:

Wouldn't you also need a monitor to monitor that PluginMonitor isn't doing any of this "bad behaviour" too?

You can check our plugin in many ways: antivirus, net monitor and firewalls that list the internet activity.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, Canopus said:

Having a packet sniffer running on my computer, created by some random guy on the internet, would really make me feel safe and secure. o.O

We are the only one company that managed to make such a plugin, not a "random guy". Security is important, if other companies could do this, they would.

Musicians have the freedom to decide: to trust dozens and hundreds of unverified plugins on the Internet or the one that can verify the others. There is no middle way.

Edited by SaschArt
  • Thanks 1

"90% of all crashes and upsets can be traced back to a plugin."

It all makes sense now.  My trusty DAW keeps crashing/shutting down unannounced to prevent ME from suffering further harmful effects of my ... effects!

Who's a good boy? Who?!  :D

• Haha 1