Blue Cat's Connector 1.2 Customer Offer

cclarry

The Virtual Cable For Your Virtual Studio, And Beyond!

We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat's Connector 1.2, an update to our universal connection plug-in!

Connector 1.2 simplifies the connection of multiple audio applications thru the Internet thanks to Universal Plug'n Play (UPnP) support and now displays the public IP address the sender should connect to (full change list here).

As an existing Blue Cat Audio customer, you are eligible for an exclusive re-introduction offer at €/$29, instead of 49 (40% off)!

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Buy/Cart/

This customer offer ends on September 22nd, 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The current v1.12 installers told me that I had a version of v1.12 installed already. I did, but the file dates on this version are newer, and the file sizes are different. I'm guessing that the couple of minor fixes in the current update didn't get their own version number.

So, even if you have v1.12 installed, get the new installers.

Blue Cat Connector has been great for sending audio and MIDI between multiple instances of Gig Performer, and between Gig Performer and Reaper, with no noticeable latency.

Blue Cat Connector

A couple of examples. I suspect that many of you will recognize the voice in the first video.

This includes an example of sending audio from Cubase to Cakewalk on the same computer.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

Hey John, are you having good luck setting up and running connect?

Hi Max. I'm just an amateur home studio enthusiast, not a gigging musician. I bought a license to play with. I had hoped to be able to route audio from Gig Performer to Studio One, but forgot one thing. On Windows, I would need a multiclient ASIO driver for that, and the driver for my PreSonus 1810c is single client. So, that failed. I was hoping to eliminate the Voicemeeter "middleware". Oh, well. And another odd thing. I have a 4K display on my laptop, scaled to 200%. The plugin UI in Gig Performer scales, but in Studio One, it doesn't, making it impossible to see and work with. Sigh.

So, for me personally, it's still in the toy/test phase. Gig Performer users on Macs are having good success with it in live situations. I know that multiple instances of it can be used within a single VST host, but I haven't figured out a test case for that yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

On Windows, I would need a multiclient ASIO driver for that, and the driver for my PreSonus 1810c is single client. So, that failed. I was hoping to eliminate the Voicemeeter "middleware". Oh, well. And another odd thing. I have a 4K display on my laptop, scaled to 200%. The plugin UI in Gig Performer scales, but in Studio One, it doesn't, making it impossible to see and work with. Sigh.

Would the BC Connector ASIO driver help in this case?  I did not know such a thing existed until I downloaded Connector v1.2 yesterday. The driver is a separate download on the same page as the registered software links. Hopefully the driver is specific to the software.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

Would the BC Connector ASIO driver help in this case?  I did not know such a thing existed until I downloaded Connector v1.2 yesterday. The driver is a separate download on the same page as the registered software links. Hopefully the driver is specific to the software.

I have that...and forgot all about it.

jsV2g8x.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I decided to go for it. I already had patchwork, so I got a nice discount. I did download the ASIO driver. It looks like it will be a challenge to get it working with another computer.  Remote connecting would be my goal. rsinger, glad you actually got it running. Did you use it internally or LAN?