IK Krazy Deal - Syntronik 2 39.99 and individual synths 19.99

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to IK Krazy Deal - Syntronik 2 39.99 and individual synths 19.99
53 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Are the versions of the original synths in Syntronik deluxe the same as the originals in Syntronik 2? As in if I buy, no need to reinstall the original ones?

I think Syntronik Deluxe is the older version (v1). There are new presets for the older synths in Syntronik 2. For example, "99" has 37ish new presets including "afternoon sun pad" and "comet flash" in addition to the presets in 1 ("autumn rain", "chime piano" etc).  However, I THINK that the new presets are based on the same oscillators (sound packs) sampled in Syntronik 1 / Deluxe.  The new ones use the Sampletank 4 engine (2019), not the older SampleTank 3 (2013).

• Like 1

If I weren't happy with Cherry Audio's Elka X, for $20. I'd be tempted to pick up IK's Synth X  sample-based clone. Its the only one of the 35 Syntronik / Syntronik 2 synths I don't have.  Hmmmm.  Just looked at IK's Synth X. It sounds nice, but the panel doesn't show an arpeggiator/sequencer.  Hmm.  It would "only" be $14 with jam points.  Does anyone have a link to the Synth X manual?  Hmmmm.  Preset / Wave Set List doesn't list arps or sequences.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

6 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I have Syntronik Deluxe - with jam pts I can drop the price to €29 .. is it worth going for Syntronik 2?? I think its 12 more synths on top of whats in Syntronik deluxe?

Syntronik 2 contains presets from Syntronik 1 and additional presets that were made for version 2. The presets that were made for Syntronik 2 offer an edit tab that offers some powerful options for sound design that you don't have with Syntronik 1: You can switch each oscillator against one of the many other sampled oscillators, you have envelopes, a modulation matrix ... It almost feels like a real synthesizer.

The legacy presets from Syntronik 1 that they've included in Syntronik 2 don't have the edit tab though. Only the new presets.

IK-Multimedia-Syntronik2-edit@1400x939.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

I think Syntronik Deluxe is the older version (v1). There are new presets for the older synths in Syntronik 2. For example, "99" has 37ish new presets including "afternoon sun pad" and "comet flash" in addition to the presets in 1 ("autumn rain", "chime piano" etc).  However, I THINK that the new presets are based on the same oscillators (sound packs) sampled in Syntronik 1 / Deluxe.  The new ones use the Sampletank 4 engine (2019), not the older SampleTank 3 (2013).

So when I get Syntronik 2 would it be best and cleaner to just uninstall Syntronik deluxe and do fresh install of Syntronik 2 ????

On 8/16/2023 at 9:53 AM, aidan o driscoll said:

So when I get Syntronik 2 would it be best and cleaner to just uninstall Syntronik deluxe and do fresh install of Syntronik 2 ????

cleaner, but you could save download time by leaving things as-is. I recommend setting your download directory in IK Product Manager to a slow cheap HDD. There are at least 200gb of zip files (which you can keep as a backup). You may want to check for duplicate files, if you're concerned about 100gb here and there.