Shine Shine

steve@baselines.com

Hi Steve . . . so glad I popped by this one . . . a very fun listen ! Super creative and unique, never know what's coming next kind of stuff. I particularly enjoyed some places where the guitar and bass guitar were doing a kind of exquisite jazzy interplay. Real clear recording, I can hear l lot of work went into this . . . always appreciate quality music like this !

Bruce

• Like 1

Steve, your creativity knows no limits.  I love the arrangement of this tune because it's unpredictable and quirky.  I wonder if you've listened to Ben Folds, as you share some of his vision, though, yours is unique.  You're one of my favorites because I never know what to expect from you!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, noynekker said:

Hi Steve . . . so glad I popped by this one . . . a very fun listen ! Super creative and unique, never know what's coming next kind of stuff. I particularly enjoyed some places where the guitar and bass guitar were doing a kind of exquisite jazzy interplay. Real clear recording, I can hear l lot of work went into this . . . always appreciate quality music like this !

Bruce

Hi Bruce - thank you very much for the nice comment - I really had fun with this one, both music and lyrics.  Sometimes it is a battle to get everything done, but this one flowed.

21 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Steve, your creativity knows no limits.  I love the arrangement of this tune because it's unpredictable and quirky.  I wonder if you've listened to Ben Folds, as you share some of his vision, though, yours is unique.  You're one of my favorites because I never know what to expect from you!

Hi Lynn - really nice to hear from you - thank you for the great comment, it really makes me feel good!  I try to keep things interesting through a whole song.  If I get bored, I know others will too!

Steve

On 8/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, hsmusic said:

Cool track Steve, did I notice a nod to The Waitresses? lol

Not intentional - what did I copy? - I'd like to hear it.  Thank you for listening.

Edited by steve@baselines.com
Update - Oh man, you are absolutely right - and it was intentional! I did the music a long time ago - now I remember.