FREE AI de-noise/de-reverb/de-voice plugin... Impressive

Esteban Villanova

Just an FYI from the TOS-  (i.e. may not be free after the beta)

The Agreement will expire on the closing day of the open beta test period for the Software, which may be determined and notified by and at Supertone’s sole discretion. No right to renew or extend the term of this Agreement is granted, unless separately agreed by Supertone in writing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yep, it looks extremely likely that this plugin is only free during the open beta. I'd be interested if anyone who has the similar plugin from Waves could compare it to this one. 

I've got the Waves Clarity VX (the one knob one) and just downloaded  the Goyo.    So far I've only tested it on one really noisy file, but it seems to me that the Goyo doesn't change the sound of the file as much as the Clarity VX (not that the VX changes it much, but I think I can hear a bit) and the Goyo has somewhat more control in that you can remove the ambiance and the reverb separately.  Just to see what would happen I dropped them both on the same file and as a team they did a remarkable job of cleaning it up.   Depending on what the Goyo sells for I'd be tempted to use it more just because of the added flexibility.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feeback on this one @jude77Would also be curious if anyone else with waves clarity vx has experience with this one yet. I am stuck on osx 10.14, so can’t use clarity, but the minimum os for this one is 10.13, so it’s tempting to install… Even though beta is free, guess I’m a little hesitant with this one since I haven’t heard of the dev? But if enough of y’all think it’s good to go, and comparable or better than clarity, I’ll definitely give it a shot. Trying to convince myself out of buying a new laptop

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jude77 said:

I've got the Waves Clarity VX (the one knob one) and just downloaded  the Goyo.    So far I've only tested it on one really noisy file, but it seems to me that the Goyo doesn't change the sound of the file as much as the Clarity VX (not that the VX changes it much, but I think I can hear a bit) and the Goyo has somewhat more control in that you can remove the ambiance and the reverb separately.  Just to see what would happen I dropped them both on the same file and as a team they did a remarkable job of cleaning it up.   Depending on what the Goyo sells for I'd be tempted to use it more just because of the added flexibility.

Thanks for weighing in.

I briefly tried the Goyo on a guide vocal with a lot of background noise and I was impressed with the job it did, but I haven't compared it to Clarity VX. When you wrote that Goyo doesn't "change the sound of the file as much as the Clarity VX," do you mean that Goyo doesn't alter the vocal part you're trying to remove background noise from as much or that the Goyo doesn't remove background noise as well? 

I think you meant the former, but I just wanted to make sure. Again, I appreciate you doing the comparison. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

GOYO Voice Separator | De-noise, De-Reverb, De-Voice - All in One Plugin

Impressive results. Very useful for recording vocals in untreated rooms. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBb7vCgLbfI

Video demo looks great.

I wish I had this 20 odd years ago. It would have made my life so much easier.

Has anyone tried it in string instruments such as a guitar? I often find de noisers fail miserably there.

It seems impressive but the current state of it needing an internet connection to work and other language appear to make this nothing more than an extended trial that will end once they ask for payment.  

Hoping the price is reasonable as I'd like to get away from Clarity VX which is the only Waves plugin left in my plugin folder.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for weighing in.

I briefly tried the Goyo on a guide vocal with a lot of background noise and I was impressed with the job it did, but I haven't compared it to Clarity VX. When you wrote that Goyo doesn't "change the sound of the file as much as the Clarity VX," do you mean that Goyo doesn't alter the vocal part you're trying to remove background noise from as much or that the Goyo doesn't remove background noise as well? 

I think you meant the former, but I just wanted to make sure. Again, I appreciate you doing the comparison. 

Glad to help.

I meant that the more I pushed the VX the more I think I heard the sound of the file itself slightly altered.  It wasn't anything radical and in full mix would probably be inaudible, but I do think I heard it.  The Goyo didn't seem to do that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jude77 said:

Glad to help.

I meant that the more I pushed the VX the more I think I heard the sound of the file itself slightly altered.  It wasn't anything radical and in full mix would probably be inaudible, but I do think I heard it.  The Goyo didn't seem to do that.

I didn't test the VX, but last night I spent more time with the Goyo and found that it was fooled and dramatically lowered the volume of the vocal I applied it to on two notes that were low, very breathy notes. I imagine that the VX would probably get fooled by the same thing, but I'll try it out this weekend and share the results here. 

To Brian's point above, he's right about this basically being an extended trial. The startup has raised a good deal of cash and I would expect they're going to be charging for this plugin as soon as they do an official release,  and we have no idea what their pricing would be like. If it's under $50, I'd very likely pick this up. If it's $100 or more or is on subscription,  I'm out. But after using it, I really like it and want to check out the Waves plugin for comparison. One thing that surprised me was that I found Goyo pretty light on resources and I wasn't expecting that. I believe my RX8 is more resource intensive.  I put the Goyo on a vocal track in a project with around 32 instances of KONTAKT libraries and was still able to play keys without much latency. I don't think that would be the case with RX8. 

Did you compare Goyo vs VX in terms of computer resources? 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2