What the F*** do People Do With the Power Supplies???!!!!

Byron Dickens

Eat them or something?

Seriously!

I'm looking for stuff on eBay and just about everything that has a really good price on it is missing the power supply. 

WTF, people? When you stuffed that gizmo in the closet 10 years ago, how hard would it have been to stick the power supply in there with it? 

I'm not exactly what anyone would call a neat freak but I have yet to misplace the power supply for anything.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My long time gripe with power supplies is that 99 % of the time they bear no marks/info or relation to the unit they go with.  So if you don't label them...and who does??... you can end up a dozen or more power supply units that you have no idea which processor they go with when you're re-arranging your studio.  

if they're wall warts, you're likely better off replacing them with a properly made power supply which has the correct ground, chassis ground etc. to reduce/prevent hum and provide stable voltage (although in some cases, a variable supply option can be useful to "stress" the electronics to get some additional bandwidth on the effects or some additional smoothing to the saturation.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sjoens said:

I've got a box with about 20 different power bricks I've collected over the past 20 yrs from selling stuff w/o their adapters cause I couldn't figure out which goes with what, I'll sell ya. :D

So it was YOU! LOL

Over the years I have become a fan of gallon freezer bags. They are big enough to hold "sets" of things and I can just label them with a sharpie and throw them in a box without having to dig too much later on. They also keep things from getting dirty or dirtying other things (the freezer bags I consume the most are actually kept in the garage so I don't lose tiny parts or transfer grease to everything).

Edited by mettelus