Cakewalk free plugins need reactivating

Why if plugins are free do they need to be reactivated? I can understand updating to newer versions, but since I cannot find my original email and password, how can I reactivate. MELDA is giving me most of my trouble, but it seems like all compressors, such as MComp and Mmcomp.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 211830.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-25 212050.jpg

there are many great free vst
OTT, Tone Booster complete set, GVST,
Audio Damage, Kilohearts, Plugins by Yuri Semenov,
direct approach vst, ReaPlugs, and many others, see what you need.
But all you need is in Cakewalk vst.

• Like 1

Melda like many plug in vendors uses a manager app. You can run that to check status of any you install.
They also periodically offer a discount on an upgrade that removes the nag and adds some minor improvements to the free bundle. I paid $50 I think.  That’s dirt cheap considering the quality of the plug ins.  Just subscribe to e mails. 
Cakewalks plug ins never need activation but Cakewalk does every 6 months or so. 

21 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think a more pressing issue is that you have your studio monitors pointing at your ankles rather than your head.

that's rude! it's called "yoga mixing". try to stay current with all the cool trends or face being left behind! 🙂 

• Like 1

Seriously, though, if the OP can at least remember the email address they used when they (presumably) purchased their Meldaproduction licenses, I'm sure they can contact Meldaproduction and get it sorted out.

And this time, write the password down. A password protected spreadsheet is a good place to store less-sensitive passwords. Name it "Family Recipes."

Whenever you install your Meldaproduction plug-ins on a new computer, registration happens via their server (although it's possible to get a license file for offline use), using the email address and password you used when you bought the licenses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

The op is using the free bundle from Melda. Like I said if you don’t like the Nag banner then slip them a few bucks and it’s gone.  
The plug in alliance was probably a demo that expired.  

Oh, right, you can use the entire Meldaproduction line for 15 days as a trial, and whaddaya wanna bet it worked fine for 15 days and then these registration notices started popping up....

Yeah, wait for the Black Friday sale on Meldaproduction and upgrade the FreeFX bundle to the pro versions for $25. Sign up for their newsletter, use another Meldaproduction user's referral code and you can get the FreeFX bundle upgrade for about $10.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh, right, you can use the entire Meldaproduction line for 15 days as a trial, and whaddaya wanna bet it worked fine for 15 days and then these registration notices started popping up....

Yeah, wait for the Black Friday sale on Meldaproduction and upgrade the FreeFX bundle to the pro versions for $25. Sign up for their newsletter, use another Meldaproduction user's referral code and you can get the FreeFX bundle upgrade for about $10.

Exactly. The nag stays on the free bundle forever until you upgrade ( At least I think it does?)  It's hard to say what that upgrade does but I think it adds full features to all the free bundle effects. I think it added side chaining to the compressor as example. 

Speaking of free I'll just add here that Sampleson is giving away a freebie https://sampleson.com/wursy.html     Then there's 50% off a lot of things. I bought Electrix and Melox for $10 each so 3 very good VST instruments for $20. I also have their Glassy very high quality sounds, cheap! 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

Exactly. The nag stays on the free bundle forever until you upgrade ( At least I think it does?)  It's hard to say what that upgrade does but I think it adds full features to all the free bundle effects. I think it added side chaining to the compressor as example. 

marketing information regarding licensing (what they call "a professional version") is on their website reproduced below

The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though.

If you do so, you'll be able to:

• Change the size and style of the plugins.
  • Access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
  • Manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
  • Access the modulators.
  • Use upsampling to minimize aliasing and to improve sound quality (most plugins).
  • Get rid of the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
  • Make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).

• Like 1

For me, the big advantages to doing the FreeFX upgrade are getting access to the multiparameters/modulators, the internal oversampling, and the styles (I really like to customize the colors).

Access to the internal preset manager is not a big deal if you have a host like Cakewalk that has its own preset system. It's nice to be able to access their Online Preset Exchange, but not essential. That Melda feature is one that I think has a lot of potential that isn't being used enough.

Also, if your host can oversample plug-ins (Cakewalk can), you're taken care of there. By design, their stuff doesn't exhibit much of the kind of stuff that oversampling is supposed to eliminate in the first place. They're designed not to color the sound except when you tell them to color the sound. They are "mojo" free.

You can sidechain MCompressor without doing the upgrade.

So we're left with cosmetics, and multiparameters/modulators, which, although I really like the idea of, I have yet to take much advantage of for my own presets.

The always visible red nag bar is a little too obtrusive for my taste, but it didn't bother me that much. I used the FreeFX bundle for years before I dropped $25 on the upgrade.

I don't consider them "crippled" because the features that get unlocked are advanced ones unique to Meldaproduction that most people don't use. Maybe we use them, but we're advanced users.

• Like 1