IK Amplitube 5 and ToneX Updated

cclarry

Amp 5 to 5.7.0 and ToneX updated to 1.2.0

Amp changes:

Changes from version 5.6.0:

Enhanced TONEX compatibility

AmpliTube now allows sharing, uploading and downloading of presets containing TONEX tone models via ToneNET.

TONEX inside AmpliTube now supports the latest TONEX skins.

Addressed a CPU load issue that occurred at startup.

Fixed an issue that could cause a "not owned" error when loading cabinets from the "Other" category.

Fixed an issue with the Oil Can Delay model that caused undesired delay changes when altering the sample rate.

General reliability improvements.

T oneX Changes:

TONEX Collections

Introducing over 100 Partner Collections available for purchase.

Added the new "Vintage & Lo-Fi" Factory Collection, which is free for all TONEX MAX users. This collection features the Fender Bassman '53 and the Maestro Fuzz Tone.

TONEX Player

Implemented drag & drop for importing Presets.

Added two new Tone Model skins.

Tone Model skins can now be updated via edit window.

Added 10 new DIs.

Run the IK Product Manager to update

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Anyone had problems with the Tonex 1.2 update (Desktop PC version)?  I just updated and authorized, v1.2 but it would not connect to the ToneNet site to access the presets and it would not find my stored Tonex saved presets (the red light never turned green and I got an error message).  So I tried reauthorizing, reinstalling, rebooting..... nothing helped.  I also logged directly into my ToneNet account via chrome and no problems logging onto ToneNet with a computer, but could never get Tonex v1.2 to log onto my ToneNet account.

So, I went back to the previous version 1.17 and all is fine.  All presets are working fine, but not with the 1.2.

FYI-- I also updated Amplitube to v5.7.0 and it is fine and successfully logs into ToneNet fine, but the Tonex (desktop) 1.2 will not log into the ToneNet.

Anyone else having issues with this Tonex 1.2 update?

C2

Tonex has been updated to 1.21

59 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Same here...even though it allowed me to restore my purchases online it says that I'm offline
and there is nowhere to even "Log in"?

Looks like the 1.21.update fixed the online issue with 1.20 (at least on my system).
Click on the ToneNET label on the upper right hand side:
image.png.d98a25e616a8e7bed6ff3fe95a82c051.png
and it now logs in
image.png.2758c22ced2a24898287d3a90306f0e6.png

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

OK, now that I've had a chance to check these out some... There are some really great sounding freebies here. Very nice clean tones to be had. They seem to be recorded nicely too. I find some of the user models have some annoying room tones that these don't have. Well worth investigating, imo.

23 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

OK, now that I've had a chance to check these out some... There are some really great sounding freebies here. Very nice clean tones to be had. They seem to be recorded nicely too. I find some of the user models have some annoying room tones that these don't have. Well worth investigating, imo.

I've owned 11 of the "partner" packs for a while (as they were available direct from the vendors).  The nice things about the packs as that usually with the free ones random people post they do not run the gain range of an amp to give you better options of what to pick from.  Many of the packs with 20+ captures, I'm simply narrowing it down to a clean, dirt and little heavier dirt that I like best from the pack.  

Some of the Amalgam Audio stuff is better than what IKM is capturing, IMO - as in more usable as it gives you a range of tones with the same mic setup.  IKM would capture one amp and the clean might with with different mics than the dirty.  Sure you could change cabs on it, but that loses some of the consistency.  

• Like 2