ADSR Sample Manager Updates to 1.8

cclarry

ADSR Sample Manager makes your entire sample library searchable with smart and custom tags. Preview any sample in your local library or purchased on ADSR without reorganising anything and audition them in the context of your track (BPM and/or key synced) using MIDI or drag audio directly to your project.

New user? Sample Manager is free to download : 

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/adsr-sample-manager/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I like this sample manager, but it drives me crazy that updates often lead to folders being grayed out and having to start rebuilding database from scratch

Are you sure being greyed out indicates a problem?  They should change to white or "brighter grey" when you select the "search eye" left of them.  The way I have my stuff organized I tend to only search a single library at a time, so all of my folders are greyed out except the one I am searching.

2023-07-18_11-04-10.jpg.9ea8998b8904a631fa397eb31ee2c41d.jpg

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Are you sure being greyed out indicates a problem?  They should change to white or "brighter grey" when you select the "search eye" left of them.  The way I have my stuff organized I tend to only search a single library at a time, so all of my folders are greyed out except the one I am searching.

2023-07-18_11-04-10.jpg.9ea8998b8904a631fa397eb31ee2c41d.jpg

I don't mean like this. This is normal. I mean folders sometimes are not selectable at all. This is a known issue :

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I don't mean like this. This is normal. I mean folders sometimes are not selectable at all. This is a known issue :

They might have actually fixed this. This used to happen to me whenever I added new sample folders to an existing folder. The existing folder would be grayed out after adding the new folders and updating the library. I would have to use the above fix to restore grayed out folders. It was such a pain that I gave up on ADSR sample manager. However I just tried it with the current version and it now seems to be working correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odd, if I download ADSR Sampler Manager from my ADSR account v1.2.0 download.
If I re-purchase it and immediately download the purchase (or download it from purchase receipt) I get v1.8.4.

I had so many issues with old version never completing scans, I'll check this out later (like next week) and see if things are now working.

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

If I re-purchase it and immediately download the purchase (or download it from purchase receipt) I get v1.8.4.

I had so many issues with old version never completing scans, I'll check this out later (like next week) and see if things are now working.

Did you try getting it from the app itself in Options->Check for Updates? That seems to be the most painless from my experience (but of course the app has to be installed).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

Did you try getting it from the app itself in Options->Check for Updates?

I gave up on it & uninstalled it a while ago and don't remember if I upgraded beyond what I had installed (v1.20).
I just installed (v1.8.4) but don't have time to mess with it right down.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

That was my issue with it too.. it was pretty prone to crashing when running the scans. I do have a reasonably large sample collection, but Atlas for example had no trouble.

I might give the latest version another try at some stage.