KVR Developer Challenge 23 - Entries now up and available

TracingArcs

Welcome to the KVR Developer Challenge 2023, the ninth free-for-all audio plugin / audio application / soundware design event.

The "KVR Developer Challenge" is for anyone who develops Audio Plugins or Applications and Soundware. The challenge is to create and release a brand new free audio plugin, application or sound library / pack / set that will benefit the community at large.

Creativity is key, it can be as simple or as complex as you want - KVR members will vote on the entries and pick the eventual winner using whatever criteria they choose to.

This year there are 23 entries across Windows ,Mac, Linux etc

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2023/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Solaris is quite nice. Other than that the other stuff seems pretty meh.

What's wrong with the VGTrumpet one? I am yet to try it, but from the video it sounds like one of the top 3 free Kontakt instruments.

23 minutes ago, jngnz said:

What's wrong with the VGTrumpet one? I am yet to try it, but from the video it sounds like one of the top 3 free Kontakt instruments.

Probably nothing wrong with it. I’m not a fan of brass though so I just jumped over it. 
there’s been some absolutely brilliant  plugins come out of that dev competition in previous years. I guess maybe “meh” was a bad choice of words. “Meh for me” might have been better. I come at nearly every plugin I look at from the viewpoint of a guitarist so that might be what it is. Solaris is nice though. 

8 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Probably nothing wrong with it. I’m not a fan of brass though so I just jumped over it. 
there’s been some absolutely brilliant  plugins come out of that dev competition in previous years. I guess maybe “meh” was a bad choice of words. “Meh for me” might have been better. I come at nearly every plugin I look at from the viewpoint of a guitarist so that might be what it is. Solaris is nice though. 

Yeah, I get it. The competition hasn't been good for a couple of years now. Or maybe making decent money has shifted my view on freeware stuff, because I use like 2 or 3 instead of 200...

That said, I've tried the trumpet now and pretty much immediately deleted it. Like 99,8% of free Kontakt instruments I've ever tried.

Edited by jngnz
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Tell me about it. Half of the stuff I bought is rotting away on my backup drive.

Frankly, it's the same with plugins for me! The couple of  plugins that I really like and use, are mostly of small developers that almost never have a deal, but always a fair price!

But it is embarrassing how much money I wasted in deals (have only about 900 plugins installed of much more than 1000, but maybe I really use 50)!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MarcL said:

But it is embarrassing how much money I wasted in deals

"Wasted," though?

I view it as part of my learning process, also kissing frogs.

Heck, if I got an hour or two of fun fiddling around with something I paid $10 for, I consider that a deal.

A couple of days ago, I took my friend to our favorite burger joint. 2 sandwiches, large fries, 2 regular drinks: $36.

(and it literally ends up in the toilet!)

• Like 2