Cakewalk Sonar X3 Studio

3 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

You got dial up or something?

At dialup speeds (assuming it's a 56K modem), it'd take 20 hours...
I remember having a 14K modem, which would have taken 3 days, and a ridiculous phone bill.

It's amazing how far we've come with broadband speeds!

@Razoryhoney - given the time it's taken, I'm assuming you've got a speed around 128K? 

FWIW, the Cakewalk installation is a drop in the ocean compared to some of the VST instruments out there. If you're not in a position to upgrade your connection (and you've got a laptop), I'd consider doing future downloads at a cafe that has public wifi. 

At least for Cakewalk, there should be a Cakewalk folder in your download folder where the exe's go, and you could copy them over to your main machine.

• Like 1

Not hard to find out. I often run this test when I'm having issues. I also use it to see how good my Wi Fi is in different places on my property using my Cell Phone as the testing device. Different Wi Fi devices will also get different results sitting right next to each other. My Cell phone is fast but our older laptops are all way slower.  Looks like I can stream live music to Seattle with less latency than my Audio interface produces at 256 buffer. 

1275883003_Screenshot(578).png.844cc61a0bf39745bd3b832bedd838fa.png

65349982_Screenshot(577).png.293261d92fb64ee8fbc5fdbd77107d6f.png

Edited by JohnnyV

I think my first modem topped out at 2.4 Kbit/s. Files larger than a couple of MB I had to download at the office where I worked and then save onto a ridiculous amount of floppies to bring home.

Though my internet speed now is slightly better. Here's from five minutes ago:

S1BpPqB.png

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I'm envious!   I get 80Mbps / 20Mbps here... mind you, I do live in the middle of nowhere.

I don't live in the middle of nowhere and I get the same speeds Mark. They keep pushing full fibre eg FTTP, but there is currently only 26% coverage in the UK. Pathetic. 

Even with the satellite link when in Geostationary orbit I still only get 80/20. 😎

I actually live in the middle of nowhere in a way. Grand Forks  only has a little over 4,000 people. 
But we had some forward thinking people here a long time ago and they saw Telus Communication was stringing fiber from the coast to Alberta right up highway 3. So our little town has had fiber for a long time now. 
I used to live 5 kilometres up the mountain and suffered bad internet for most of my life so I can totally understand pour bandwidth.  

They must be on that next level they tried to sell me that is for businesses.
The whole system is crazy as they sell packages that in my case are my land line, TV and the internet all over fiber. 
We never watch the TV other than the knowledge network channel as we are spoiled with both You Tube premium and Amazon Prime which is dirt cheap and no commercials. We keep the TV because if we cancel it we actually pay more for the internet! 

We don’t want to cancel the land line because it’s only $15 and it’s a redundant system.  The old relatives would freak out.  
For me using MP3 files is a waste of time now because 48/24 wave files upload in less than a minute.