Cakewalk Sonar X3 Studio

7 minutes ago, Razoryhoney said:

so throw CbB on Win 7 Desktop and try it out???

Why not?

At a minimum you will get bug fixes for the shared files used in X3. This trick used to be one recommended by support.

Just remember when working with multiple products based on SONAR, it is important to install the most recent product last. This is to insure the most recent version of shared files are used by all the DAWs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scook said:

Why not?

At a minimum you will get bug fixes for all the shared files used in X3.

Just remember when working with multiple products based on SONAR, it is important to install the most recent product last. This is to insure the most recent version of shared files are used by all the DAWs.

sonar x3 is already installed on both desktop and laptop.  I am installing CbB on laptop right now.  I will install CbB on desktop tomorrow. So therefore the most recent product is being installed last.  I havent even started or worked on any projects in sonar x3 so there should be no conflict with a project being used in both programs.  

I can confirm that Cakewalk runs on W7. I have an old laptop with it installed I was using to test Cakewalk Playlist. The projects I used were all vere basic but it most certainly works if you can be patient and don’t mind waiting for everything you do to take forever!  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

I can confirm that Cakewalk runs on W7. I have an old laptop with it installed I was using to test Cakewalk Playlist. The projects I used were all vere basic but it most certainly works if you can be patient and don’t mind waiting for everything you do to take forever!  

My DAW machine has a Win7 64 boot as well as my normal Win 10 boot.  Audio performance is exactly the same (which makes sense - it's exactly the same machine), but for some reason, Win 7 feels much snappier than Win 10 for me... I suspect it's graphics related, but the difference isn't enough to make me want to go back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

My DAW machine has a Win7 64 boot as well as my normal Win 10 boot.  Audio performance is exactly the same (which makes sense - it's exactly the same machine), but for some reason, Win 7 feels much snappier than Win 10 for me... I suspect it's graphics related, but the difference isn't enough to make me want to go back.

Now that you say that, I guess it's a lot more to do with the CPU  then the OS, It came with Vista and we were stuck with that for a few years. 

• Like 1

im not sure if this will ever download.  whenever it gets to the "downloading additional files" it goes until my wifi gets kicked off and then i have to start all over again.  Still havent gotten my laptop to download cbb.  this isnt even worth it

Ok so quick downloading question - a few times now the "downloading additional files" has made it all the way through til the green line gets to the end and then a new one starts over downloading.  So that indicates that a group or set of info/files was downloaded and now another new set or group of info/files is being downloaded? this will continue until all the info/files has been downloaded since it might be a large amount?  hopefully thats whats going on and im making progress no matter how slow for now.  As long as the wifi doesnt get kicked off then i should be downloading the info/files set/batch by set/batch until its all downloaded correct??  Thanks

Edited by Razoryhoney

If I remember right, the additional files are the Studio Instruments, Melodyne trial, offline help and demo projects (one those is mine, sorry about the extra heft!). They're all pretty handy to have, but so long as you have the core application for CbB it should just install and work for you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

If I remember right, the additional files are the Studio Instruments, Melodyne trial, offline help and demo projects (one those is mine, sorry about the extra heft!). They're all pretty handy to have, but so long as you have the core application for CbB it should just install and work for you.

thanks for the input. i really dont need any of those extra things. i already bought a bunch of midi studio instruments and i never try to use melodyne.  I really dont need any of the extra fluff but maybe some of the studio instruments might be of use.  im not sure what will happen if i hit stop additional file install. i can install the core program if i stop additional files or i have to start all over from beginning again?  Thanks

• Like 1

I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :)

:/

I'd personally risk stopping the extra stuff and giving the main install a go. You can always run this again later to get the extra stuff, and if you go to Help > Check for Update once it's it, then you'll have the option of getting the latest PDF help and Demo projects.

• Like 1

CbB should be around 500 meg in size, and then you have the various other things on top. Any subsequent CbB updates will be around 50-ish meg. This first download, especially if you get the demo projects, is a bit brutal if you have a slow connection. But at least it's just a one-off.

Australian internet user here - for many years it was little more than a couple of tin cans and string connected to an abacus (thankfully I have fibre broadband now) so I feel your pain...!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

CbB should be around 500 meg in size, and then you have the various other things on top. Any subsequent CbB updates will be around 50-ish meg. This first download, especially if you get the demo projects, is a bit brutal if you have a slow connection. But at least it's just a one-off.

Australian internet user here - for many years it was little more than a couple of tin cans and string connected to an abacus (thankfully I have fibre broadband now) so I feel your pain...!

dude its still downloading. wth

10 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

That is nuts! What kind of connection are you on?

The Bandlab servers are actually pretty quick, so that's surprising to hear...!

its finally installed..... time for sleep... i got hardly any sleep yesterday and today will be the same but its finally installed. thanks to everyone who helped out. im sure i will have more questions as i start using the program.  tomorrow should be fun 

• Like 1