Oddity in Pro Channel?

Keni

OK... I've now been seeing this regularly...

If I'm in Console View and I select a few tracks with ProChannel open

Holding Ctrl and clicking enable on one enables all selected.... good

Holding Control and setting level on one adjust all selected... good

They are all defaulted to S type as expected

Holding Ctrl and clicking on N Type? uh-oh! The first which was clicked on correctly changed to N, but all the others changed to A!

I can repeat this ad infinitum in every project...

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Not seeing this here Keni.

All obey the same logic as for other control-grouped controls

Thanks Jonesey...

This has been happening here ever since I built this machine. I don't understand it...

4 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Graphics driver? Just thinking out loud...........

A Thought, but why would it only affect the Console Emulator in this situation. such grouping is working fine everywhere else....

...and I just tested again. It is only when clicking on the N-Style button. Clicking on A switches all correctly as does clicking on S

It's only when I select the N Style button that the result becomes A type for all the grouped.

i.e.  A group of tracks have been selected.if the first track is ctrl-clicked on to select  N-type, it changes to N-Type but all the others change to A Type. If I then click on S, all change to S and if I click on A all swith to A, but if I click on N, only the track clicked on goes to N, the others all go to A!

Weird!

Edited by Keni

1 minute ago, Andres Medina said:

Keni, it's working fine here too...

Version 2022.11 Build 021

See video. 

However, if I insert Console Emulator Channel Module, I get the inconsistency in the Ctrl+Slect.

May be this is the culprit: you have inserted Console Emulator Channel Module instead of Console Emulator BUS Module?

Thanks Andres!

Interesting observation. I will check as it is possible but then I would question why/how as I use templates that have been unchanged in these issues for many years.

2 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Good point indeed!

Well, It's not the issue anyway. They are all correctly selected as Channel Console Emulators but the problem persists in every project I try...

7 hours ago, Keni said:

Well, It's not the issue anyway. They are all correctly selected as Channel Console Emulators but the problem persists in every project I try...

... you say Channel Console Emulators: in fact they should be Console Emulator BUS. You could double check this.

I get the same malfunction that you describe when using the Channel version.

---

The online documentation explain this: 

Controls

There are two versions of the Console Emulator module:

Console Emulator Channel. This version is designed for individual tracks.

Console Emulator Bus. This version is designed for buses. It contains the same controls as the Channel version, except it does not have a Trim control.

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ProChannel.10.html

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Andres Medina

14 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

... you say Channel Console Emulators: in fact they should be Console Emulator BUS. You could double check this.

I get the same malfunction that you describe when using the Channel version.

---

The online documentation explain this: 

Controls

There are two versions of the Console Emulator module:

Console Emulator Channel. This version is designed for individual tracks.

Console Emulator Bus. This version is designed for buses. It contains the same controls as the Channel version, except it does not have a Trim control.

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ProChannel.10.html

Screenshot_1.png

No... These are TRACKS, not busses..... It is supposed to be channel here. Not your picture above.

...and now you're seeing the problem when you use the CHANNEL version as I am... So it's not me or anything I'm doing here. It IS a bug! I'm glad I posted the bug report...

Thanks for confirming it...

I see. I tested the same module in the tracks section of the console.

It worked as expected too, using both Bus and Channel versions.

Are you sure you are Ctrl+Clicking while selecting the Types? And are you sure you have all your tracks selected before doing that?

I've done both mistakes before!

Edited by Andres Medina

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

I see. I tested the same module in the tracks section of the console.

It worked as expected too, using both Bus and Channel versions.

Are you sure you are Ctrl+Clicking while selecting the Types? And are you sure you have all your tracks selected before doing that?

I've done both mistakes before!

I'm sure... I've been doing this a very long time. this pic above has the bus emulator. I know you were testing...

Empty project... create audio tracks... Open PC for all tracks... select a few tracks... Ctrl-click on the N type button and the track clicked on goes to N, but the others go to A!

This doesn't happen on my other (older) Win8.1 DAW

Edited by Keni

Ok, I did a few additional tests:

I got the same error as yours only if I create a new audio track and that track has any instances of Console Emulators already created (I guess this happens when the default audio track is setup with this module by default) - in this case it should be definitely be a bug!

If I insert a new audio track with no instances of Console Emulators and the I add those, the behavior is normal, no errors.

If I delete the default instances of Console Emulators and insert new ones, the behavior, again, is normal.

I think this explains why your error is not replicable by other users?

Could you try and verify this?

15 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

I got the same error as yours only if I create a new audio track and that track has any instances of Console Emulators already created (I guess this happens when the default audio track is setup with this module by default) - in this case it should be definitely be a bug!

If I insert a new audio track with no instances of Console Emulators and the I add those, the behavior is normal, no errors.

If I delete the default instances of Console Emulators and insert new ones, the behavior, again, is normal.

OK... Let me see if I understand. I should add audio tracks and remove the emulator (it's already defaulted in when I add the track, then add the emulator and try that... Going there now. Will post in minutes...

20 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Maybe I didn't understand your instructions.

I started a new project with one audio/one midi track. Added another audio track. Problem still the same.

Removed the emulator from the  sencond audio track, then added the module back... Problem still the same.

Deleted emulator from both tracks and re-added to each. Problem still the same...

What did I do differently?