Oddity in Pro Channel?

Keni

Here's another possibly related oddity. For some reason the emulator is always disabled when a track is added. I made certain that I saved the default with the emulator enabled as it's been bugging me, but when I add a new audio track, the emulator is again disabled and I must enable it... This is all new stuff I have never seen before on other machines.

Yes, the problem seems to be in the modules set as default (this is configured by right clicking the name of any module-set modules as default for Tracks). When the Console Emulators are loaded as default, they misbehave. And it seems to be a bug.

When added later, they work properly.

This is what I did to make it work properly:

1. Insert 3 audio tracks
  2. Delete all instances of Console Emulators from ProChannel
  3. Save this as your Default Modules
  4. Delete all audio tracks
  5. Insert again 3 audio tracks
  6. Add any Console Emulators 
  7. Try Ctrl+Click - it should work just fine

After this you should always add your Console Emulators after inserting the audio tracks, not as default.

42 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Yes, the problem seems to be in the modules set as default (this is configured by right clicking the name of any module-set modules as default for Tracks). When the Console Emulators are loaded as default, they misbehave. And it seems to be a bug.

When added later, they work properly.

This is what I did to make it work properly:

1. Insert 3 audio tracks
  2. Delete all instances of Console Emulators from ProChannel
  3. Save this as your Default Modules
  4. Delete all audio tracks
  5. Insert again 3 audio tracks
  6. Add any Console Emulators 
  7. Try Ctrl+Click - it should work just fine

After this you should always add your Console Emulators after inserting the audio tracks, not as default.

I'm glad that you found the problem on your machine as well. So I know it's not completely me...

But it doesn't fix here. I followed your recipe to the letter and the problem remains the same...

Not a fix here for some reason...

Thanks for sticking with me though...

Interesting... I just noticed that if they're all on A type and I click N, only the track clicked on goes to N the other two go to S type! So it seems to be the same type of issue from either the S or A type, ctrl-clicking on the N type causes all tracks other than that clicked on to skip the middle option...

Edited by Keni

8 minutes ago, Keni said:

I'm glad that you found the problem on your machine as well. So I know it's not completely me...

But it doesn't fix here. I followed your recipe to the letter and the problem remains the same...

Not a fix here for some reason...

Thanks for sticking with me though...

Interesting... I just noticed that if they're all on A type and I click N, only the track clicked on goes to N the other two go to S type! So it seems to be the same type of issue from either the S or A type, ctrl-clicking on the N type causes all tracks other than that clicked on to skip the middle option...

Sorry to hear that! Yes, something is not working properly, and the way your system behaves is not normal.

Hope this tests help the developers to understand what is going on, as it seems definitely to be a bug somewhere...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Sorry to hear that! Yes, something is not working properly, and the way your system behaves is not normal.

Hope this tests help the developers to understand what is going on, as it seems definitely to be a bug somewhere...

Thanks for helping to track this one down. I posted a support ticket with a bug report earlier. I hope that is the current procedure? I forget...

Between the bug report and this thread (I know The Bakers always keep an eye here) at least they’ve been made aware of it’s existence. This isn’t a show stopper and with all that’s currently happening and on the horizon, I don’t think this too high a priority. Itchy though it is...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keni said:

Thanks for helping to track this one down. I posted a support ticket with a bug report earlier. I hope that is the current procedure? I forget...

Between the bug report and this thread (I know The Bakers always keep an eye here) at least they’ve been made aware of it’s existence. This isn’t a show stopper and with all that’s currently happening and on the horizon, I don’t think this too high a priority. Itchy though it is...

Yeah, I don't remember either! 

Hopefully it will be adressed  at some point!

• Like 1